o n e

━━━━ ☔︎ ━━━━
Internal Noise
━━ ☔︎ ━━

It had been raining all night.

Gosh what time is it?

I checked my phone.

5 in the morning?! No wonder is still dark... why am I even up?

I closed my eyes and tried to find my way back to slumber, but a loud noise prevented it.

What the hell?!

I covered my head with a pillow, trying to block out the loud thumping next door. Unfortunately, the sounds only got louder. It took all the strength I had in my body to sit up, pouting endlessly.

It's so early! Who's making all this noise?!

After what seemed like hours—actually not more than ten minutes—of thumping and things sliding all over the place, I decided to put an end to my misery and got up.

"That's it!" I yelled. I stood up in my pajamas, not caring to put anything else on to cover the thin material, too infuriated with the noise, and made my way to my neighbor's door.

I knocked as hard as I could, trying to get it over with as fast as possible. I didn't expect a young guy to open the door.

"Can I help you?" He asked calmly.

"Can you help me?" I asked sarcastically, "yeah. Yeah, you can. Stop it with the noise! It's five in the morning!"

"Oh..." he looked back inside, I followed his gaze and noticed a huge amount of boxes scattered around the floor. "Sorry, I couldn't sleep with all the rain and thought I should get started with that."

That's when I noticed that something was off. I must have been still half asleep cause I hadn't fully realized that this guy was moving into that apartment.

"Who are you? Where's Mr. Do?" I asked.

"Mr. What?" He looked at me confused, "oh, that must've been who lived here before. I don't know, never met him."

I couldn't believe I hadn't even realized that Mr. Do had moved out.

"Anyway, I'm Haechan," he said, snapping me out of my thoughts, "and who might you be?"

"Nari..." I said quietly. Taking my time to look over his features as the newly rising sun, shining through the open window behind him, started to create too many shadows for my still-sleepy eyes to comprehend.

"Well, Nari, is this how you welcome all your new neighbors?" He smirked.

I scoffed, biting the inside of my cheek, "you were making a lot of noise."

"I meant in those pajamas," he laughed, "isn't it a little too showy? I mean, we don't even know each other yet." He crossed his arms and leaned on the wide-open door frame. His movement bringing his face out of the shadow and letting half of it glow in the morning sunlight.

"What?" I looked down at what I was wearing and realized just how stupid of me it was to waltz out of my apartment like that. With the light directly on it, my tank-top was slightly see-through. I quickly placed my arms over my chest at the realization of what he had just said.

"What the hell you pervert!" I screamed and ran to my door, opening it and hiding behind it, still open, "you better stop making so much noise or I'll call the cops!"

I heard a small chuckle and could only imagine the smug look on that guy's face.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.