Meet the Bergens (Part 1)

"It's been pretty crazy these last few days: We found out that there are other kinds of trolls besides our own. There's our tribe, Pop. There's also Funk, Classical, Techno, Country, and Rock. The Queen of Rock, Barb, wanted to unite all of the tribes, but she wanted to destroy all music so Rock reigned supreme and turn the other trolls into Rock zombies. In order to stop her, I had to destroy the Strings, but by doing so, we thought we had lost all music forever. But, then we realized that while the music started with the Strings, it really came from inside of us. After Barb had realized her mistake, she accepted the other trolls' differences and accepted my offer of friendship. After all that, the trolls had once again lived in perfect harmony."

Poppy was telling the story to young trolls of every tribe.

"So, you see, the only way to create perfect harmony is to love each other's differences, no matter how crazy they can be."

The young trolls clapped their hands, thanked Poppy for the story, and left the pod to go home.

Branch came in not long after to congratulate Poppy on her uniting all the trolls.

"Very well done, Queen Poppy. You actually did what everyone else thought couldn't be done."

"Thanks, Branch, but you helped along the way, with backing me up, even though I didn't listen at first."

"It'll be kind of fun to have all of these different cultures around us from now on. I mean, this'll kind of be like when we became friends with the Bergens."

Poppy then gasped.

"Branch, I just realized; The other troll tribes haven't met the Bergens yet! I think we should introduce them."

Branch clearly had concerns.

"But, Poppy, I'm not sure if we should go ahead and introduce the other tribes to the creatures who used to eat us. It might make them feel unsettled."

"Branch, there's actually the possibility that the other trolls may not have heard of the Bergens' past attempts."

Branch and Poppy talked it over for the next couple of hours, then decided to ask each leader of every tribe if they knew about the Bergens. So, they sent out some letters.

***

In Vibe City, a letter reached the Funk Family and their reply was, "What's a Bergen?"

***

In Volcano Rock City, Debby brought the letter to Barb and her father and they had also never heard of a Bergen.

***

It was the same with every other leader. King Trollex, Delta Dawn, and Trollzart had never even heard of a Bergen.

***

Back in Pop Village, Poppy and Branch talked about their findings.

"Branch, none of the other tribes had even heard of a Bergen."

"I know. Maybe because they live in different parts of Trollstopia, far away from Bergentown."

Poppy then came up with an idea.

"What we could do is invite the other leaders to meet Gristle and Bridget and not tell them about our past rivalry until after they've gotten to know each other. What do you think?"

"Poppy, do you really think lying to them about something tied to our history is a good idea?"

"It won't really count as a lie if I intend to tell them the truth sometime soon."

Poppy then sent new letters out to every part of Trollstopia to invite the leaders to meet their friends, the Bergens.

When Poppy had finally received letters from the kingdoms, she read that they had all agreed.

After one or two days, the leaders of Trollstopia had arrived on the caterbus.

The Funk Family went up to Poppy first.

"Poppy, how wonderful to see you again!"

"Thanks and same to you, King Quincy!"

King Trollex then floated towards Poppy.

"Poppy, what's up?"

"Just being excited to see you, Trollex!"

Delta Dawn cantered foward.

"Poppy, honeybunch! Been looking forward to see you again and thanks for the invite!"

"No problem, Delta!"

Trollzart then flew up to Poppy.

"Miss Poppy, lovely to see you again."

"Same to you, Trollzart."

Finally, Barb walked up.

"Yo, Poppy, what's happening?"

"I'm saying 'Hello' to my good friends and fellow rulers. That's what's happening."

After everyone said their Hellos to each other, Poppy got up on the announcement mushroom and made her announcement.

"Friends/Fellow rulers, I've brought you all here because I wanted to get us started on a journey for you all to meet the Bergens, the friends of the Pop trolls."

The rulers cheered as they were excited to meet these Bergens Poppy was talking about.

Everyone then got on another caterbus and it started to drive to Bergen Town.

As the bus was driving, Poppy thought to herself, "I hope everything turns out OK."

As the bus was driving, Queen Essence decided to ask Poppy about the Bergens.

"Poppy, could you please tell us a little more about these...Bergens?"

As everyone turned their attention towards Poppy, she thought very carefully about what she would say so they wouldn't find out about the "eating trolls" thing in the past.

"Well, let me tell you about two in particular, King Gristle and Bridget. Bridget used to be a scullery maid for King Gristle until me and my friends helped her become this total babe under the name of 'Lady Glittersparkles."

Barb showed some confusion.

"'Lady Glittersparkles?' Is that even a real name?"

"We didn't come up with a name until it was too late. Anyways, soon, King Gristle found out about Bridget's real identity, but he didn't care because he realized that she was still the same girl who made him feel happy."

All the leaders went "Awwww!"

"After that, Bridget and Gristle became a loving couple and were inseparable."

King Quincy then showed more excitement.

"They sound just amazing, Poppy! Now, I really can't wait to meet them."

Poppy then began to get a little nervous.

"Me neither."

The caterbus then made it to Bergen Town.

Poppy thought to herself, "Please let everything go well for this visit."

Poppy could only imagine the horrors that could happen if the other trolls knew about the Bergens' past diet.

They could form together and create an army and declare war on the Bergens, which might cause them to go back to their old troll-eating ways. It would be chaos.