thirty seven

"you're stupid lee donghyuck." chenle said applying more ointment on donghyuck's bleeding eye.

"ah!" donghyuck felt the pain sting in his eyes, "you deserve more." jaemin rolled his eyes at donghyuck.

jeno came back in the locker room to help clean donghyuck's bruise on his left cheek, he went towards donghyuck to dab the wet cotton on his bruise.

"w-where's mark?" donghyuck asked stuttering as he was worried the name itself coming from his mout might trigger the rest.

"do you think you deserve to know?" jisung said as he glared at donghyuck.

renjun sighed, "jisung." jisung sighed as he left the room sadly.

renjun turned to face donghyuck, "he's in the limo. we better hurry because he's waiting for us."

donghyuck looked up in confusion, "what?"

chenle mockingly laughed, "do you really think we'd help you for no reason?" chenle shook his head, "once again i say, you're stupid lee donghyuck."

donghyuck rolled his eyes, "wow thanks for reminding me chenle."

"our moms called us to try on outfits for the ball. since it's a masquerade we need to look good." jeno said.

jaemin nodded, "and i don't think our mothers will be happy once they find out one of us have bruises on our skin."

renjun went towards the first aid kit, "now come on... we don't wanna be late for the fitting." he closed the first aid kit as he head out the door.

jaemin and jeno nodded as they followed renjun outside to get to the limo as well.

chenle slowly stood up as he was heading for the door, he turned back for a second, "hyuck, i got something to ask you."

donghyuck softly smiled as he looked back up, "what is it lele?"

chenle sighed before he started, "do you regret our first sleepover? i mean like... being friends with us?"

of course donghyuck doesn't regret it. that was one of the best nights of his life, but he ruined it just because of that dare. he looked back up to face chenle.

"i don't lele. you guys are the best things that happened to me and i'd trade anything to be friends with you guys again." donghyuck said close to tears.

chenle walked towards donghyuck, he gave him a comforting hug, "i didn't mean the things i said to you a few minutes ago, renjun just told me to act cold..." he said as he laughed nervously.

"act?" donghyuck said in confusion.

chenle laughed softly, "we all miss you hyuckie. you were kind of a dickhead to mark but friend wise, you're one of the best friends i have."

"if you wanna be friends with us then, apologize to mark." chenle said.

"i thought you guys think i hate him since you kinda heard what happened in the football field." donghyuck said in confusion. why would his friend allow him to apologize to mark if they don't know if it'll be genuine or not?

chenle put a hand on donghyuck's shoulder, "i only met you a month ago but, i'm more than sure, you love mark."

"what makes you say that?" donghyuck asked in curiosity.

"i'm zhong chenle. i'll know."

maybe donghyuck does have real feelings for mark and he hasn't realized it yet.

chenle laughed, "come on hyung, the others are waiting for us."