🚫 putting up a WARNING here because I forgot to do so at the beginning. Maya dumb. 🚫

°˖✧*.☽ .*✧˖°

It hurt

My heart, my bruised cheeks, my stomach, my head

Everything ached with pain, my eyes burnt with tears, my legs grew numb.

But I ran, I ran through the familiar route, breathless, itching with the urge to scream. The rain was pouring as heavy as my heart felt, it drenched my 14 year old self, the harsh, cold water soaking the blood stains on my shirt.

When I reached the park, I stopped by the tree and crashed to my knees. I saw you. But you didn't see me. You sat with your knees held close to your chest, looking up at the dusk sky, your pretty eyes observing the diffusion of rich orange into hues of reds and purples. The roots of your hair was a deep brown, diffusing into a similar pink like it had always been.

Just the sight of you was enough. You were my escape.

That day, I didn't approach you. I wanted to run to you, hold you, tell you everything, be with you, but I didn't. You were too pure. And I did not want to break you.

You waited for me until darkness enveloped the sky. But something new sprouted into my mind, spreading doubt to every corners, disturbing me.

Were you really waiting for me?

Did you really care?

It was time for you to return home. I watched you leave with a sad pout. Then, everything crashed down. I screamed, my hands grabbing my hair, nails clawing into my head. I couldn't breathe.

Mum was gone.

And it was my fault.

The horrifying memory hit the replay button in my head, knocking the air out of my lungs, twisting and tearing my heart apart.

'I can't lose you

She threatened to take you away'

Another scream. The scene crossed my mind again, the way I was shoved to the floor, right beside her bloodied corpse, the way her pretty face that once looked at me with love and care, was covered in red, beaten and bruised, the way he grabbed her by her hair and smashed her head against the concrete floor, although she was long dead.

'This is what you do when you love someone
and when they try to take that someone away

it's your fault I had to kill her, Changbin

You killed her.'

I never went to meet you after that.

°˖✧*.☽ .*✧˖°

*✧˖°