Chapter 11

I needed to find a way out of here. My mind was racing with different strategies, but none seemed to work due to my lack of strength. One idea bubbled to the front of my thoughts that wasn't half bad, but she would have to be so stupid to fall for it.

Maybe if I keep them talking then I can some how lure Camille in closer to me so I can reach for her neck and drink her dry.

 That doesn't seem like the best plan but its the only one I have.

"Marcel I can't believe you. Klaus took you in like you were part of their family, treated you like his son, and gave you everything you wanted. This is how you repay him, by stabbing him in the back taking his own newborn child, and locking me up here." I spit at him in complete disgust. How could he do this, I honestly thought he was a better man, well he did lock me in a box for a couple of decades.

"Do you really think Marcel" he says pointing to himself, "would do any of this willingly." he continues with a laugh and a mean twisted smile. I was really confused, why was he talking in third person, did he hit his head really hard and lose some major brain cells.

Or maybe he was being controlled by a traveler somehow. Someone must have put a traveler inside of Marcel for who knows how long. This made a lot more sense than the other, maybe Marcel can one day return to being his real self. When he locked me up the first time it must have been for this exact reason, to use me against Klaus.

"Why am I here?" I ask all of them, confused to why they would lock me up.

"Well thats what we haven't decided yet. We put a traveler inside of you, and we are not sure if we want to make Klaus choose between you or his child, or just kill you and let the traveler live on in your body. Maybe we will just do both." The main bitch, I mean traveler person said. I wasn't sure what she was, but all this traveler crap was making me think she was one. She said they put a traveler inside of me, I am not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good.

In all my years I have never come face to face with a traveler knowingly. I didn't know their code, their reason, or even how they existed.. Until now I had always thought they were just fake witches but apparently not.

I turned towards Camille, "Is this the same for you, are you like Marcel being possessed by a  traveler." Was this a stupid question, I don't know, but I knew of no other way to ask.

She looked me up and down and scoffed like a typical mean girl would in any cliche high school movie, "No I am a born traveller, I did all of this with my free will. I guess Klaus was just too distracted by my charming good looks to realize what I actually am."

Her mentioning Klaus drew a little pinch of disappointment into me. I know Klaus has been with other people, heck I have been with other people, but I guess its just hard to hear. I am not the jealous type, at least I didn't think I was.

She noticed I was hurt by her comment, and continued to talk taking a step closer to me, "He adored me more than you will ever know. On his lonely nights he would come and see me, come into bed with me, and caress my body. He liked to lightly play with my hair rolling stands between his fingers, and smile as he would glide his lips along my skin. He loved that I was a human, innocent and pure, unlike you. He told me I was the light to his darkness."

A pang of hurt vibrated through my body. That phrase is what Klaus used to say to me, I was his light, there was no way she could be making up any of this, but why was she telling me any of this?

Was she jealous that he loved me, jealous of what him and I had. She is only trying to use these mean girl tactics to get under my skin, because in reality I have what she deeply desires. Klaus's love for me bothers her so much that it is making her take her anger out on me in hopes that I will become so self conscious about Klaus not loving me, that I will one day leave him, so she can take my place. These thoughts made me feel a little bit better, she really was stupid if she thought she could under mind me.

She took another step closer her blue eyes locking with mine, nose tilted slightly in the air inches away from mine. She started to speak again in a darker seductive voice, "Then we would make love all night, his strength and integrity would break my bed in half, but we didn't care we would keep going and going. Well I mean you know how good he is at..."

She couldn't finish because, at that moment I lunged at her she was close enough for my teeth to clasp and dig into her neck. If I wasn't so hungry and focused on the blood I would have ripped her away the skin and let her bleed to death on the ground below me at my feet. There is no one that talks to me like that, and gets away with it.

Blood started to pool in my mouth, my jaw clamped down harder from the pleasure it felt pouring down my esophagus down into my stomach it was as if my organs were dead and just one drop of blood was bringing them back to life. I couldn't get enough of her blood I never wanted to stop drinking, I wanted drink her dry. Those few seconds of pleasure were short lived by the massive headache I was getting.

The main traveler/witch was setting my brain on fire with her weird magic. I tried to resist it as long as possible trying to get as much blood into my system to regain my strength. My vision was starting to fade, body trembling in pain, and my brain felt like it was melting but I continued to drink.

The pain got too much that my jaw unhinged itself from her neck and I blacked out. I didn't know how long i was out this time, I thought I heard footsteps rushed ones as if someone was running to me, but I could have been mistaken. I blinked open my eyes, a slight remnant of the headache still lingered.  Looking around the dark tunnel my eyes landed on a person holding a light, Rebekah was running towards me.

Looking in front of me was Marcel, he must have been on watch to make sure I didn't escape.

She looked at me then at Marcel as she got closer, I could tell she was very confused, "Marcel what are you doing?" Rebekah asks him.

He looked confused at the moment like he was contemplating his next move, if he should keep up the charade, or fight off Rebekah. In his split second of hesitation I used every bit of strength I had to break free from my entombment of bricks. I sped ran behind Marcel, taking his head in my hands and twisted snapping his neck, all in a matter of seconds. Looking at Rebekah I gave her a nod of "that was necessary, and I will tell you what happened later." I grabbed her hand and we ran for the exit, we needed to get the hell out of there, before someone realized I was gone.

"We need to find the baby, and then Davina." I tell Rebekah as I devour a wounded person on the side of the street. I was so hungry that I could almost lick the blood that coated the town, apparently I had missed a lot.

Klaus went on a rage killing spree, destroying and killing everything in his sight. The streets had little rivers of blood flowing through the city, windows were shattered and, and building were tagged with graffiti, once a beautiful city looked stricken with terror. The baby and I were gone, so Klaus took out his anger on absolutely everything. It also seemed like he had broken the truce with the werewolves, and even the witches were starting to fight against him too. Basically all that could go wrong went wrong and it was all because of three sneaky travelers.