2

"Can I look yet?" I asked Rebekah who was walking behind me with her hands covering my eyes.

"Be patient for once in your life." She said laughing. She took me a few more steps forward, and I could tell I was not inside the house anymore, from the light breeze I could tell that we were both outside in the backyard. Rebekah had me dress up for this shin-dig she was throwing me for my 'welcoming home' party. I had a short red dress on, that fit tightly on the top then fell loosely around my hips. Rebekah had styled me with a pair of nude heels.

"Ready," Rebekah said, I nodded as she lifted her hands from my eyes. Looking around I saw the star-filled night sky, vibrantly lit by red dangling stars from the trees. On the ground were black round tables, with red roses as centerpieces. To the left was a full bar and on the right a very elegant fountain. "Wow," I said in amazement, she did such an amazing job at decorating for this party.

"Well don't just stand there, let me introduce you to some people," Rebekah said.

First, she led me to a pretty girl with short blonde hair "Hello Cami, this is my good friend Sara, Sara this is Cami." Rebekah introduced.

"Hi," I said with a large grin and shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you." She said "Are you," she paused, "you know one of them." she asked in a bit of a whisper. Her naïve aura showed to me that she was new to this world, or realization of the truth.

I laughed slightly "A vampire yes, Klaus turned me."

"I'm friends with Klaus," she said, "He's a pretty interesting character." By interesting did she mean psychotically possessive, impulsively murderous, and unforgivingly monstrous. I guess "interesting" would be a good way to sum him up.

"He's interesting alright." I could tell she felt out of place, "I should really go find Marcel." She said then left.

"Marcel?" I said looking at Rebekah with a sour look on my face.

"Yes, she is Marcel's new play toy, for the time being." She sighed, somehow she had managed to snag us a glass of champaign. Handing me one she clinked my glass "Cheers to the single life, my girl." As she takes a long swig, I chuckled and did the same.

She then led me to a girl with beautiful long brown hair. "This is Hayley," Rebekah said introducing me.

"Hi, I'm Sara," I said shaking the girl's hand. Oddly enough I could smell that she wasn't human, or a vampire, so she really started to intrigue me. "Hi Sara, I'm Hayley." then she pointed to her belly, "you know that werewolf that is carrying Klaus's baby."

My eyes went big. "What, wait what did she just say," I thought, I looked at Rebekah and she nodded.

After a second of disbelief I changed my expression to a smile, and gave her a caring hug, "Is that possible? That's great, and you look great too." I said releasing her from my hug. She looked at me a little strangely and said "Thanks, and yes I didn't know this was a thing either"

Rebekah pulled me over to the bar. "Good job on keeping your cool on the baby topic. I'm so sorry I didn't warn yarn you. I must have forgotten." she said to me.

"Thanks." I said taking a deep breath, "I still don't know how to feel about it, should be happy that this miracle has happened." I thought out loud.

Then I turned to the bartender and asked for whiskey on the rocks. Rebekah laughed, "We are not messing around, make it two," she said smiling.

"Goodness, I missed you!" I said giving her a side hug on the barstool.

"I missed you too, its been boring without my partner in crime, how long do you plan on staying." She asked.