Chapter 17

Finally flopping into comfy king sized bed, I attempted to close my eyes and get some sleep. Tossing and turning in bed, I tried every position to get myself comfortable. Flipping my pillow over I gave it a hard punch and laid my head back down on it. This still did not help me fall asleep. My eyes were so tired that I could barely keep them open but it seemed like my brain would just not turn itself off. Thoughts continued to race through my brain. All the events of today, werewolf bites, and Klaus. I could just not get my mind to settle down so I accepted defeat that tonight I would probably not be sleeping.

After about another hour of trying to get comfortable, I retreated on my back looking up at the ceiling. I stopped suppressing my thoughts that were nagging at my attention, and let them hit me. I was reliving my last shift at the hospital. Matt being brought in with the bite, it was huge for a werewolf, bigger than any wolf bite I have ever seen. Maybe it was a hybrid bite, I was still unsure about all this hybrid stuff because I am still really new to it, and no one really had the time to fill me in on it back in New Orleans.

Then when Elena and I went to go operate on him, she went and grabbed a shot. A shot of vampire blood. She had to be of the supernatural breed if she knew that it would help him. I didn't smell any wolf on her so that leaves witch or vampire. I don't recognize her last night from any witch coven, so she must be a vampire. Next time I see her I would have to do something to check before I was sure.

Just then the door to my bedroom started to slowly creek open. My heart leapt as I saw a dark shadow appear stretching across the floor. Light little footsteps were getting louder as they approached my bed, and then PLOP.

Hope jumped on my bed, and poked me in the shoulder with a loud whisper right next to my ear, "MAMI, are you awake."

A smile arising on my lips, I can't believe I was scared for a second there. Rolling over to my side, I lifted the blanket up so she could snuggle in next to me. "I had a bad dream." she says in a muffle into my pillow. I put my arm over her and pulled her closer to me. Cuddling her in my arms we both ended up falling asleep.

—-

I woke up to the sound of cartoons playing on the tv downstairs in the living room. Blinking my eyes open, I looked around my bedroom. To the right sun was shining in through my light white curtains that bloused over my large window. The window outlooked the forest of the outskirts of the beautiful Mystic Falls. Beside the window is a door, leading to a small patio extending off from my master bedroom. The Patio was just small enough for a white lawn chair, and a table. It was the best place to go if you wanted some alone time to drink some ice tea and read a book.

Lifting myself up out of bed, I grab my white fluffy house coat out of my large closet, and slipped on some fuzzy slipper. Exiting my room, I walked down the grand staircase, holding on to the dark wood railing. Reaching the bottom, I look over to the living room to see Hope on the big white sofa watching saturday morning cartoon. Walking over to her I give her a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

Making my way to the kitchen I start to make some breakfast I call Hope to the table and plan out our day. I was off work for the day so I was able to spend the day with Hope. "So I am thinking we go into town, get some groceries, then stop by the parlor and grab an ice cream." I tell her wiggling my eyebrow.

She gives me a smirk, "When you say an ice cream, do you mean just one to share or one each." She says her smirk growing into a toothy smile.

"Depends on how good you are." I say as I put our dishes away.

—-

"I cant see the flavors Mommy" Hope says at the ice cream cases. Picking her up I lean her over the case so she can decide on a flavor. "That one." She says tapping the glass with her little fingers.