"If you're leaving, I'm coming with you,"

"Rory," Klaus protests.

"I'm not letting him walk around with a target on his head," Rory barely spares Klaus a glance as she turns Kai around, pushing him towards the staircase that leads down to the courtyard.

"Target? I think you're being a tad bit dramatic," Klaus argues as he follows after her.

"Are you kidding? One word from Elijah and half the vampires in the city would be after him," Rory turns to face Klaus over her shoulder angrily. "And if you think that I'm exaggerating, then you're just being wilfully stupid."

"Rory, wait." Klaus tugs her by the arm towards him.

"Don't make this difficult, Klaus," Rory sighs.

"Are you coming back?" Klaus eyes frantically search her face. Rory frowns at the panic in his gaze. "Are you leaving me?"

"What? No, I just—" Rory cuts herself off to let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm not leaving you, Klaus. I'm just...I'm following Kai to make sure that nothing happens to him. Because Freya is going to be angry and so is Elijah, and I don't want him to stay in a hostile environment. And I don't trust Elijah not to put out a kill order on Kai."

"Will you still..." Klaus trails off. His eyes fall to the pendant around her neck. He lifts his hand, gently tracing his finger over the piece of jewellery. "Will you come back?"

"Eventually," Rory says. "When Kai is comfortable enough to come back. And when everything settles."

Klaus can only watch as Rory turns her back on him, disappearing past the exit with Kai on her trail.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

"Regretting it yet?" Kai asks for the umpteenth time as Rory flips through the novel in her hand, a cup of coffee resting on the table in front of her. Rory rolls her eyes in response, flipping to another page as he settles into the chair across her. "You know, I'm surprised that you haven't gone crawling back to him."

It's been a few days since Rory and Kai have been residing together in a comfortable little boarding house. They decided that it was best to compel a home that had a human on the lease so no less-than-friendly vampires could show up out of the blue.

"Kai, for the last time, I do not regret it," Rory states. "But if you ask me that question again, I probably will."

"Hey, just being polite. You know women are allowed to change their minds," Kai bats his eyelashes in an innocent manner.

Rory sighs, running a hand through her hair. "Well, you're being annoying."

"Correction: I'm being caring."

"Hm. Doesn't suit you."

"Okay. You look ugly today and your pants don't match your shirt," Kai responds. Rory's jaw drops as she balls a napkin in her hand, tossing it in his direction. Kai easily dodges it. "What? Since you don't want me to be caring, I'm going to be mean."

"You don't have to insult me!"

"That's kind of what comes with being mean, Roro."

Rory rolls her eyes once more, standing up to stride towards her bedroom. She changes out of the pants she had on, slipping on a pair of shorts. She tosses her hair into a low bun, pulling on a sweater. She leaves the room, tugging her book out of Kai's grip.

"I'm going to get some groceries," Rory states. "Want to come with?"

"We're vampires. Do we really need groceries?"

descent | 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒 [HIATUS]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें