Chapter 42

Text convo:

Alex...I'm ready

I waited and a minute after he replied

AC: We'll be there in an hour

I began to walk with crutches, walking a little more each day. It still hurt at times but nothing I couldn't bare. I walked over to my mirror and took in what I was wearing, pjs. I went into my bathroom and quickly put a plastic bag over my cast, then getting into the shower.

I let the warm water run along my body, letting my tensed muscles relax as I body washed my arms and everything else. All I wanted was a few minutes of silence. Letting those vibes that occurred a few weeks ago to vanish and just feel normal for once. Not feel that pain, not see those images of me being tortured. Taking in deep breathes, the way my therapist told me to do.

" Amy ! Alex and Austin are hear !" My mom says from downstairs. Slightly rolling eyes, I didn't want this shower to end. It was so relaxing and peaceful. Reaching out my shower I pull the towel and wrap it around my body and another around my hair.

"I'll be down in a few..." I say going into my room. I looked into my closet finding mostly pjs. I never liked going out so my wardrobe consisted of sweats, big t-shirts, and big sweaters. Looking outside of my window the weather looked cool for once, so I decided to wear some basketball shorts and a big t-shirt with a messy bun. Nothing fancy, after all I wasn't impressing anyone. I was just going to talk.

I hop downstairs holding one crutch on each arm, feeling someone's presence come along.

"Need help ?" He asks shyly. I look up and see the tall, curly haired guy, with the Hazel eyes that were so addicting. So addicting that I could stare into them for hours and not get tired of.

"Hold this for me?" I reply with another question. He held one crutch and I began going down, still hopping. When I feel his arms go around my body picking me up bridal style. I yelped quietly at the action. He slowly walked to the couch, then gently put me down trying not to bump my leg into anything. "You didn't have to do that you know..." I say quietly

"You were struggling, and taking forever, so why not?" He shrugged

"My therapist said I should do everything myself to give my leg strength...and I'm sorry I was taking forever but I'm not a marathon runner or walker, so sorry for the inconvenience" I reply sarcastically.

"You didn't have to be mean About it...I was just trying to help." He shrugged.

"Right...sorry...I'm not used to people doing nice things to me" I say quietly.

"How's the therapist going ?" He changes the convo while sitting beside me on the couch. His sudden weight sinking the couch more made me stumble a little to his side.
He helped me up a little with his hand touching my arm. The warm feel of his hand didn't feel awkward anymore, but it was a little strange.

"It's going good, I have panic attacks a lot at night...but it's improving a little each day." He nods with 100% full concentration to what I was saying.

"If you ever need a ride to therapy... I'm available. I don't want your mom driving you all the time, she's always so tired..." His offering caught me by surprise, but I didn't object.

We continued talking about random things, from food to clothes or cars to shoes. Just like old times. We began to watch movies and fooling around in a friendly way.

"So....listen Amy...I'm sorry, I really am...about everything, I just thought you'd be happy for once if I gave you these news..." His voice filled with sorrow and sadness. "At first I was pissed... Because you were upset when I thought you'd be happy... about us not being related" he looked down at his shoes. "But I know you were going through a lot..."

I took a deep breath going through my emotions and trying to figure out what I really did feel. What I wanted to say, "I forgive you Austin... And I'm sorry for saying I hated you, I never meant that...I was angered and frustrated." He nodded, smiling shyly.

"Friends?" He awkwardly said holding out his hand, and I took it into mine.

I tried to hide my saddness when he said 'friends'... I wanted to be more than that. I truly did, but I knew it wouldn't be good. 'Friends' was a huge jump in the relationship we both had so I decided to leave it like that. "Friends." I say taking in his hand into mine and shaking it.

We continued to talk and play around while watching movies, and old reruns from shows that had no meaning. My mom eventually brought us popcorn, and instead of eating it we ended up throwing it at each other. The few hours we were spending together made me remember the old times when we acted stupid the whole day, ending it with us cuddling in my bed taking naps. It was nice to finally be us again. The night started to fall in, and the sunset began to disappear into the mountains leaving the sky a bluish mixtured with orange making it look like a painting someone would sell at an art convention.

"I should get going." Austin says looking at the time on his phone. I didn't want this day to end by how much fun we were both having. But he wasn't my prisoner either.

"Oh...okay" I said still sitting on the couch. He said his goodbyes to my mom and then to me. He grabbed his car keys and walked out the front door.

What the fuck Amy. You know you love him. Go and tell him.

My mind started to become a bubble full of visions at how this could go. The time seemed so slow, yet so fast. I tried getting off of my butt from the couch and at least try to hop to the front door but I was still sitting like a Potato that didn't do anything.

Somehow I felt my foot hopping, and my arms holding the crutches side by side. "Austin wait !!!" I shout opening the door. He quickly turned at my loud voice and looked at me puzzled. He didn't move closer nor farther from me. He just stood there.

Here it goes.

"Austin. I just can't be 'friends' okay ?!?" I nervously said. "God dammit I hate you so much ! For making me love you. Austin I'm in love with you okay ?!? I just...I don't know what to say... " that was it. That's all I said when,

"You don't have to say anything." He replies as he rushed to me, his cold hands cupping my face, he smashed his lips onto mine.
------------------------
A/n: Hey babes !!! So I updated !!, comment what you think !!! Btw I'll be starting LOTS of new fanfics and they'll be way better (writing wise) so be out on the lookout for that !! ❤️love YA and don't forget to vote !!