Chapter 32

(Amy's POV)

As I flutter my eyes open I hear a constant beeping and wires attached to my index finger as well as into my nose.

I try getting up but I couldn't when I see my mom come into my sight.

"Hi sweety" she says gently

"Mom ? What are you doing here ?" I ask weakly.

"Shhh, it's okay we'll talk later" She assures me as she sits on the edge of the bed.

"Dad?" I Say as I see him sit in the seat next to the door entrance. He gives me a small smile and looks to the floor.

Then before I knew it ," where's Austin ?" I asked as they both just looked at me. My dads eyes darkened as my mom just sat there staring at me

"I'll go get him" she smiles at me as my dad leaves the room as I questioned where he was heading.

----------------

(Austins POV)

I feel a pat on my shoulder as I open my eyes seeing Amy's mom before me.

"She's awake" she tells me as I rub my eyes and get up

"And is she alright ? How is she?" So many questions I started throwing at her she started chuckling.

"She's fine Austin....she's asking for you" she tells me.

"Alright " I reply as I start walking to her room.

Opening the door I see her in the bed sound asleep, bags under her eyes, still having a few purple bruises on her left cheek. I decided to leave her there resting and comeback later. Right before my hand went on the doorknob I was stopped by her speaking.

"Please stay" she murmured as I turn over seeing her with her eyes almost open but her tiredness was winning keeping them almost completely shut.

"I'll come later if you want" I replied.

"No it's okay" she assured me as she sat up on the bed.

As Silence fell between us "You wanted something ?" I ask awkwardly

"I just wanted to say thank you" she whispers

"You shouldn't thank me.." I reply looking to the floor

"But I do...if you didn't come...I would've been ." Her voice cracks. As I walk over hugging her. "It's okay.. You don't have to say it" I replied as I wiped some tears from her eyes.

"It's all my fault" I said suddenly ,"if it weren't for me you wouldn't have been in this situation"

"Don't be sorry..." She barely says as I let go of the hug.

"Okay Amy you have to take your medication, it'll get you a little loopy" the nurse says as she walks in. I quickly get off the bed as I see her inject the medication into her arm. And she was right, five minutes later she started to become sleepy and started to talk but it was hardly understandable.

"A--austin" she says half asleep

"Yeah ?" I say getting closer so I could hear her, when I think I heard correctly

"I--- still- l--o-love you." is all that she said as she finally fell into a deep sleep.