Chapter 28

(Austins POV)

"Why the hell would he get her though ?" I ask myself as Robert, Zach and I are in the car heading towards Miami.

"I don't know. But why in the hell would you go back ? Go back for a girl that you said meant nothing to you ?" Zach replies.

"I don't know" I reply as I look to the car floor and out the window trying to answer the same question to myself.

--------------------------------------------

(Amy's POV)

"Why ?"

"Why what ?" Jimmy says.

"Why me ? Why do this to me ?" I reply weakly.

"Reasons."

"Don't you think I earn a fucking explanation" I say angered but yet still use a lot of my energy making me more weak by the second ," might as well fucking explain to me what all this crap is. I'm dying either way"

"It was never about the money or drugs." He explains," it's about revenge ." He gets off the chair as he starts to walk around the room as I still sit in the corner listening.

"He killed my father. The ONLY person I had left. "

"But... Why use me ?"

"Amy are you seriously stupid ?!? He loves you !!! He'd do anything to keep you safe."

"No he wouldn't"

"Think what you want. But I saw how he looked at you. And now he's going to realize how hard it is to have something you love taken away"

"What ?" I say as my breathing becomes heavy.

"Amy you're right about one thing. You're going to die either way." He says," but I want him to be here. So he could witness it himself and feel the pain from the moment he sees me pull the trigger and he can no longer do anything."

"I ha-- hate you." I say as I begin to cry, I was losing the feeling in my injured leg while he just stood there.

Then I hear a loud bang upstairs as it's followed by the door to the entrance of the basement flying open

"Amy !!" I hear a guy scream as my heart started pounding quickly thinking I'm finally saved. He runs down the stairs as he gets on the floor where I'm at, hugging me tight as tears roll down my cheeks.

"Jay." I say in his arms as he looks at me then to my leg.

"It's okay I'll get you out of here" he says as I pull him in for another hug.

"You are so low Amy." Jimmy says. I was confused on why he didn't try doing anything to Jay. But then I knew why.

"Jimmy is right. You are so.....whats the word ? Oh yeah, ....pathetic" Jay says as he gets off the floor.

"What ?"

"I'm not here to help you Amy." He says.

"You work for him don't you ?" I ask him as I look at Jay and then back at Jimmy.

"Not exactly. I just felt like joining on this little adventure" he replies.

As a tear builds up at the corner of my eye and rolls down I looked at both of them in disgust

"Pigs." I say looking away.

"Aww pretty girl don't worry, I don't really like you either way so, it doesn't bother me" he replies followed by a laugh with no humor.

"Watch her, I'll be upstairs" Jimmy says as Jay stays and sits on a chair.

"Just in case you didn't realize already we're so over" I say weakly as he just laughs.

"Like I care."

"Why would you get into shit like this ?" I ask him

"Well that's easy.

One ,I hate Austin. And

Two, it's a test." He says.

"Test ?"

"This was a test. Everything that had to do with you, was a test to determine if I could be partners with Jimmy" he explains

"Why ?"

"Well Amy not everyone has a good childhood. And no one has a future unless you get into things."

"So from the day I met you on the bus, to the day you said we should go on a date and I got kidnapped....it was all a set up ?"

"Yes, and dont forget the day of the cafeteria. That was a setup as well" he explains as I remember that day.

People screaming things at me. Getting in a fight. And hitting Austin thinking it was him who did all of that.

"You disgust me. Why would you record me. why would you get close to me !?!?"

"To observe you. And to observe him. So we knew exactly in what ways we could use you against him."