Chapter. 11

Present

JOOHYUN

This is it, where just outside Lisa's house. Oh, how I miss to be spending my weekends in this place. It's like my second home where both Lisa and I spent our childhood days. Sometimes she used go to my house to do sleep overs.

I put Lisa's arm around my neck and carefully guided her to get out from her car. I managed to wake her up but she's still groggy. She's under the impression that I am Kim Jisoo. I pressed the doorbell and thankfully someone open the gate for us.

"What gotten into you why you're late Pokpak?!" My eyes widen when Lisa's mom yelled and about to hit us with the slipper on her hand. "Jisoo? Jennie? Aish, I am being forgetful. Where did I left my eye glasses? I can't see you clearly."

So she's wearing an eye glasses these days. I just thought. I don't know if she realized that I am not her daughter because as her eyes landed to Lisa she resumed getting all mad again. This time she really hit Lisa's head with her slipper. My poor Monkey.

"Ouch! Mom, stop." Lisa begged but her mom kept hitting her.

"You're an adult but you keep acting like a kid! Jisoo and Jennie had been calling to check if you're home. I tried calling you but you didn't pick up! Why are you making people worried? Where did we go wrong, Pokpak? Didn't your father and I raised you well?" She continued nagging her only daughter as she kept hitting her with the slipper. I don't know if I should laugh or not. Eomma doesn't change at all. It's like I was brought back to the past. This moment is gold. I can't believe she would still use the slipper to discipline Lisa.

"Yahhh, mom that really hurts. Jisoo stop my crazy mom." I chuckled hearing Lisa's comment. That only escalated the situation. And her mom grew angrier.

"This kid, who did you call crazy?" She pulled Lisa by the ear and the latter just followed her mom trying to get away from her hold.

"Do you want me to put poison on your food? You ungrateful brat! Are you drunk, Pokpak?"

I felt that I should really speak for Lisa before her mom could kill her.
"Eomma, Lisa's intoxicated."

"Oh, I almost forgot you there Jisoo! What happened to your voice? And why are you calling me Eomma now?"

Both Lisa and I were accustomed calling each others' parents Eomma and Appa. Our families are really close with one another.

"Eomma, your eyeglass is just on top of your head." I tried to help her. She touched her head and felt the pair of eyeglasses.

"Thanks, Jisoo! I am really being forgetful. And this friend of yours is making me age faster by giving me so much stress."

She put it on then turned to face me.
"Oh my God! Jisoos!" She looked so shock, realizing I am not Kim Jisoo.

"Eomma," She looked like she saw a ghost that she held her chest.

"Pokpak! Did you hook up from the club?"

"Uh? I didn't Mom! I just talk to Sooyoung and Jisoo." Lisa answered with a confused look.

"She is not Jisoo! You bring another unknown woman to our house. What am I going to do with you Pokpak? Oh, my goodness and she's calling me Eomma."

She called me unknown woman. I was offended but of course most of the people didn't recognize me right away after losing a lot of weight. But what bothers me right now is knowing Lisa talked with another girl at the club.

"Eomma, it's me, Joohyun. Don't you recognize me?" There was a bit of sadness in my voice

She dropped the slipper and walked towards me. "Joohyun?"