Ulterior Motives Part 39

Start from the beginning

Pain had pushed me back with a gravitational push, I slid back against the ground, feet finally finding grip. In the split second pause after his attack, I sensed a presence behind me.

It was a familiar one of cold eyes watching me. I summoned some needles, turned, and shot them in the direction of the stare with precision. My hunch was correct. Madara's ominous figure stood just within the line of the shadow of the hallway. He held one of my needles between his for-finger and thumb as if he had caught it just before it hit him.

"Hm," he sounded unamused, dropping the needle onto the floor. It made a light clinking sound as it hit. Then, Madara turned around and walking away. I watched in confusion as his figure disappeared into the darkness, his long dark hair swaying behind him.

"Tila" Pain's voice came from behind me, I turned to see him walking closer.

"I think we're done for today" he glanced me up and down.

"Yeah, thanks for training with me," I gave a small bow. He returned my gesture before walking off down a hallway too. I huffed lightly as I caught my breath from the intense training session. Pain truly was a worthy opponent.

But that sly Uchiha, he was a different story. I hate him so much it's not even funny. I tried to be less irritated by the Uchiha's arrogance and sat down on the training room floor. I laid down onto my back and close my eyes, my fatigue starting to kick in. I don't know if the thoughts that came into my mind were habitual or, if they were something else but, I felt myself become consumed by them.

___________________________

"Sasori my man, I wonder if Tila will want to stay with us after we ambushed her like that?" My eyes are still closed but I can hear deidara loud and clearly... Just like the first night is met them.

"Tila, you're too beautiful to cry," Sasori's distant voice cooed, as though on replay from the first time he had ever spoken those words to me.

"If sasori was showing you around he wouldn't be very pleased hah. Hates to be kept waiting, you're lucky I don't mind so much" Deidara said as he stood properly from against the wall. He nodded his head in the direction I was to follow him in... My first day here.

"The reason I have brought you here is because you have the potential to help me achieve this goal. Tila, will you join the Akatsuki?" Pain and I are face to face in his office. The moment he'd propositioned me.

"Tila, calm down and breath slowly!" Sasori said loudly, placing his hand on my back. The nightmare of the spiders. Fainting in the shower...

"I'm Kakuzu, I'm the one who stitched you up," A familiar green and red glower in his eyes - the memories are so vivid, as though happening right before me.

"Please I need to get stronger Kakuzu, you're from my village. Please train me." I'd begged him, desperate to get stronger. To protect myself from the pain, but...

"Tila! Are you alive? Un" Deidara...

I.. Couldn't sleep, Sasori isn't back yet and..." I stammered. Deidara grabbed my wrist and led me into his room then closed the door behind me. We'd snuggled that night.

"Kisame Hoshigake, and this is my partner Itachi Uchiha." Those cold Uchiha eyes bore down on me.

"Well, that was fucking rude"... Hidan...

"Look Sasori, isn't it beautiful?" The dawn broke, Deidara's bird from our first mission.

"Don't worry, from now on Kakuzu and I have your back. No ones going to fuck with you, got it?" The words of encouragement and comfort Hidan had spoken in the hot spring. Him and Kakuzu...