Chapter 19

The next morning Amulya spent thinking about last night. She loved how cute he was being when he asked her to have dinner with him, even though Alaric wouldn't be happy if he heard her referring him as cute.

It was thirty minutes after Amulya reached the hospital. She had an emergency, which needed her immediate attention, before she could go check on Reagan.

Reagan was awake when she went into the room. She was sitting up with a glass of water the nurse gave her. Amulya checked up her vitals, which were normal, and asked her about her pain.

"My ribs hurt when I breathe" Reagan said.

"They'll take time to heal. Don't do anything that might put pressure on your ribs, no lifting weights. Did the police come in to take the statement?"

"Yeah, few minutes ago. Thank you, Amulya."

"It's my duty" Amulya smiled at the blonde. She sat down on the chair next to the bed; she could spend a few minutes here before she had to go.

"You had no emergency contacts" She told Reagan.

"Yeah, no one to care for me" Reagan dismissed it.

"Hope you don't mind, I told Alaric"

"Of course you did, It's okay. I don't mind him here" She shrugged wincing when her ribs hurt.

"Easy there, no pressure on your ribs, remember?" Reagan nodded smiling. Amulya excused herself after a few minutes saying she had to go back to work.

"Just call for a nurse if you need anything. Or ask for me, I'll be there" She said as parting words before leaving.

It was two hours later Amulya got time to check up on Reagan. She knocked on the door and entered when she heard a come in.

"Hey" She said noticing Alaric was sitting on the chair next to the bed, and Reagan was sitting up and her eyes were red, indicating she had cried.

"How are you feeling? Any pain?" She immediately checked if there was any change in her vitals. She checked if the bandages on the side of Reagan's head needed changing. She had bled a little, and they needed to be changed.

"I'll call in a nurse to change the dressing." She said before pressing the button to call in a nurse.

"I'm feeling better than I was in the morning."

"No headache?"

"No" the nurse walked in that moment. Amulya instructed her on what to do; She nodded and left to bring in the bandages she needed.

"Okay, I think you are in the clear to leave. Your hand needs to be in the cast for a few weeks. You need to come in after a few weeks to get it removed. If you have any complications, just come in here. Okay?"

Reagan nodded and thanked Amulya again.

"I'll just sort out the discharge pages" Amulya smiled again, the nurse walked in again, with the things she needed. "Do you have somewhere to live?"

"I don't know. I think I have some money saved, I'll stay at a motel until I find an apartment" She shrugged.

"Nonsense" Alaric spoke for the first time. "Motels aren't safe. You can stay with me until then. I don't mind having a roommate" He smiled, making Amulya's stomach turn.

Staying with him?

"I don't want to impose, really. I'll be fine"

"You won't be imposing, Reagan. I insist" Amulya was trying hard not to change the expression on her face.

She was jealous, but he was just being friendly, it didn't mean anything. But why was she having a bad feeling about this?

"If you say so; thank you" Reagan beamed at the man.

Amulya gave them a fake smile.

"It's better if you step out a bit, Rick. Let the nurse do her cleaning, I need you to help me with the discharge papers." She sounded colder than she wanted to.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Just work. I'll be fine. Come on" She gestured him to follow her and they moved into her office.

After the discharge papers were filled and Reagan was cleared to go home, Ricky turned to Amulya. He was holding the handles of the wheelchair that had Reagan seated.

Amulya just smiled at the blonde and repeated the instructions, and giving her the medication.

"So I'll see you tonight?" Alaric asked her smiling.

"I don't know. I need some sleep" She said making his smile vanish.

"What?"

"I haven't been sleeping much Alaric. I need my sleep and I am not getting enough of it." She smiled at him. Of course it was fake.

"Amu−"

"I got to go now. Take care Reagan" She smiled at the girl before heading towards the emergency room for the next patient that was waiting.

She had no idea why she acted that way. She was never the cold person. Was she jealous? But she had no reason to be. Alaric was just being good. It was not fair for him if she was angry at him for that.

She sighed. It was not the time to think of this.

She sighed again and shook her head.

It's time to get back to work.

Alaric watched as Amy walked away, her long hair flying behind her. He did not know why she was suddenly acting different. Or was she not acting different and he was just over thinking? He didn't know what to make of it.

He felt guilty for asking her to stay for dinner or for a movie the other night. He knew she needed sleep; she was working for a long time.

He drove Reagan home and helped her settle in. They even managed to drop by her old house and grabbed a few things on the way. He insisted not to go in after last night, but she wanted to get it over with.

They had dinner together that night, no words were exchanged. Reagan was lost in her own mind and Rick appreciated the silence. He had a feeling something was not right. He was glad for the silence actually.

Reagan went to bed early, leaving Alaric alone with his thoughts. He sat in the living room, not even bothering with the television. He was waiting for the elevator to ding and Amy to come home. He wanted to catch her before she went to bed or leave to early the next day.

She never came home that night. 

~*~

25.04.20