As today even the stars and moon are covered by a dense layer of cloud, giving the air that tincture that one can assure or associate with the world before the storm.

Neil's POV

In the morning itself, I was so excited to see Avni as now officially we're going to be together forever.
I was sitting in Parikh Mansion when she descended the stairs looking extremely gorgeous and lovely.
She was standing beside Amaan uncle when Neela aunty asks them to sit. Ananya and Avni were going to sit when Dad forward his hand towards Ananya and asked her to sit beside me.
She comes and sat beside me looking down blushingly.

I was confused as hell. Avni must be there in place of Ananya.
I looked at Avni and she was as equally confused as I was.

After some time the whole crap I understood what was going on here.
They understands that I love Ananya but that wasn't the truth. I love my Avni so damn much.

I looked towards her as tears started flowing from her eyes. I was going to tell everyone but she denied me from saying anything.

Is she mad !! No... I have to clear everything up with her first but she went towards her room leaving me alone there. I looked towards Abhishek for some help. He went towards her room to come out with disappointed and puffed eyes.
My eyes started tearing up. Fear started overpowering my mind just at the thought of letting her go.

I stood there making some excuses and went towards my home.

I have to clear everything with her so I called her to the backyard of the park, where no one can see us.
I went there and entered the area where Avni was sitting.
I... I don't, I almost ran towards her and without any delay hugged her as tightly as if my life depends on her and it's true that she's the one whose life is for me and that fear of losing her is breaking me each passing seconds.

Avni sighed sadly and looked down as tears rolled down her cheeks just by having a thought when she'll ask for something which will break him so badly.
____________________

She held his shoulders and pushed him lightly maintaining a distance between him.

Neil : Av....avni... You're okay na ?? Look whatever happened there is a misunderstanding totally and we'll clear this up, alright?

He cupped her cheeks and tried to make her understand.

Neil : why you denied when I was going to clear everything there only haa? It's okay but now come we'll clear everything with everyone and even make Ananya understand okay?
She'll understand. Chalo let's go here Parikh Mansion first.

He held her hand and started taking her but nothing works.

He held her left hand softly and put his index finger to make her chin up and looked towards her face. She was numb and cold as when she was with Abhi.

Neil : what happened, baby ?? Come naa... Let's go.

Avni sighed and looked up to meet my tired eyes.

Avni:- Neil... Neil.. wo...!!

Neil :- Kya wo? Let's go, baby, come on.

I caressed the traces of tears from her cheeks.
Avni removed my hand softly and said coldly looking into the vacuum of the air.

Avni : I... I think.. we are over.

He stepped back in shock not able to digest the words that she told right now.

Neil : what over?

Avni :- Over of “US” Neil. We're over. Avni and Neil were together but meant forever.

And his world came down crashing down at a point where he can't take this feeling. It felt like someone has stabbed a knife.
The worst sound of heartbreak, the thought of letting go broke down his soul into infinite pieces.

Neil :- This... This..is not the time...Avni...come na! Why are you joking around?

Avni looked at him teary-eyed.

Avni :- Neil... Ananya loves you.

She looked down and sobbed a bit. Fresh tears started flowing from his eyes.  He found himself crying badly.

He shooked her from her shoulders and whispered.

Neil:- I love you, Avni.

Avni :- Neil... Ananya loves you.

She said looking down.

Neil :- Baby.... baby... Listen to tum...tum Ananya ki tension le rahi ho na... she'll understand Avni.. she is your sister. Come on let's go.... please...

He said trying to engulf his endless tears.

Avni :- No Neil.... Ananya needs you, she loves you and I'll not snatch her little happiness which she deserves.

Avni :- You...you deserve better Neil and Ananya is best....best.. for... you.

Neil :- Fine... You're not coming na. Mat ago tum, I'm going to clear this whole misunderstanding.

He started going to her home where those people live who will understand them, and stand with them.

Avni :- Neil, just don't do this. Stop right there or I will do something which you can't expect from me.

He looked at her shocked. She said looking at him numbly.

Avni :- Tum kahi nahi jaoge Neil and agar tum gaye toh yaad rakhna, then you will lose me forever. You will never see me again. Remember that.

He looked at her shocked, fearing the hell out of her.
He broke down on his knees in front of her crying hysterically.

Neil :- Please... Please... don't do this... It's paining you too so much.
I will... I'll die...Avni... I can't take this... Please...

She bend down at his level and wiped his tears softly when tears themselves were flowing from her eyes badly.
But after a second. she got up and stood a few distances away from him
He stood up wiping his tears and face hastily and moved back.

Neil :- Avni. I so want to hate you for this... But you know I can't even do that... You have messed me up.

She chuckled sadly.

Avni:- It's best na Neil. Tum move on Kar jaoge. Ananya ke saath acche se reh paoge.

Neil : how easily you said to move on, right? As if it was just a moment and another second everything will be fine.

He was not able to comprehend the words that left her lips. She was asking him to move on in life without her. What had happened to her? Didn't she see him dying every moment for her? How can she become like a stone in a moment? This isn't the girl he loved. She's not his Avni.

She is someone else.
She broke them.
She ended everything.
Was this so easy for her? It isn't for me for sure.

Neil went back to his car and drove back to his home.

Avni broke down badly hugging her knees tightly.

After some time, she started going towards her home and tears were already flowing from her eyes.

On a bench, there a couple was sitting and having ice cream.
She smiled imagining it to be them.

* Neil was licking her fingers trying to gulf the icecream, sometimes kissing her knuckles, sometimes hitting her nose. *

A little far a couple was hugging each other happily and the boy was twirling her girl.

*Avni imagined it to be Neil and her when he twirls her around and she kissed his cheeks. *

Suddenly everything faded away.

All the beautiful moments that they lived together, spend with each other, and felt each other will remain or will be changed into beautiful memories?

That night, the moon cried witnessing the heartbreak of two poor souls, engulfing itself in the cold winds of the dark night.

with love,
aastha <3