| 04 | pain

Avni dashed into her room and shut the door and slummed down beside the bed rubbing her face harshly. She was sitting in her knees pulling her hairs tightly trying to soothe the invincible pain.

Pain will be a little word for what she felt the moment she found herself alone.
Alone in the world, alone in life and alone in love too?

Wow, such a life she got.

The only thing she cursed was her destiny who fucked up everything in her life.

°

In the hall where everyone was sitting and were having a chit chat conversations, Neil was just finding ways to get out of this helpless situation.

He looked around everyone was busy in themselves while a person was staring at him. He saw Abhishek staring at him sadly and Neil knows one or the other way, Abhishek will try to make things right. He had always considered him as his elder brother.

Abhishek stand up and left from there after informing his dad to be back soon.

He climbed the stairs and stand infront of avni's room. He opened the door without knocking.

Avni looked towards the door and saw Abhishek was coming to her, she hurriedly wiped her tears and started getting up.

Avni : Bhai, I was just coming back only.

Abhishek : Don't Avni! I know what's going on, so just don't pretend.

Avni turns opposite to hide her tears from him. He put his hand on her shoulder and that's it she broke down badly hugging him tightly. Abhishek gently caresses her hairs, he himself was in tears seeing her baby sister in pain.

Avni : Bhai, it's... It's.. paining so badly. I love him Bhai .... I love him so much....!

She said pointing in her heart where it was paining after knowing about her love going away but she was adamant on her decision to not to make the truth out. She thought that she will back stab Ananya in a way which she never wants to do.

Abhishek : Avi... I got to know at that instant when I saw sudden sadness in both of your eyes. It's just a complete misunderstanding, beta. Come let's go out and clear it with everyone.

Abhishek looked at her when she doesn't move from her place and looked down at the floor. He got more confused.

Abhishek : What? Let's go down, come. We'll clear this misunderstanding with everyone. Because of this, both of your life will be spoiled and no one will be happy. The love what Ananya have for Neil is not love. It's a mere attraction, she's not able to understand that and what about Neil haan ? He will broke down Avni. Think once about others too.

Avni look towards him numbly without a single expression.

Avni : No Bhai. We won't tell this truth to anyone. I won't break Anu's heart just because of my selfish reason. We will keep it as a secret and you also forget about the truth that I have ever loved anyone.

Abhishek looked at her shocked, Is she mad? She herself wants to let go of her happiness for someone else just because she thinks that it's her selfishness.
No, He won't let her break hearts which will destroy three lives. Ananya will never be happy in her life even after marrying Neil because he loves Avni and vice versa.

He held her shoulder angrily and shaked her.

Abhishek : Are you out of your mind Avni? Do you even know what stupid are you speaking? I won't let you break yourself and others too.
You won't come, I will go down and will announce everything to everyone. You stay here.

He started walking towards the door but Avni held his hand.

Avni : No Bhai. Ap kisi se kuch bhi nhi bologe, Promise me bhai that you won't tell anyone about this and moreover I think Ananya will always keep Neil happy much better than me.
Bhai " Ananya loves Neil ", I was the one stupid who was not able to saw love for Neil in her eyes.
But not anymore, Promise me Bhai, You won't tell anyone.

Abhishek jerked her hand badly and turned towards the door to go out.

Avni : Bhai, please you will not do anything like that
Before going out, remember if you said anything to anyone out there
"You will loose your sister forever, I swear"

Abhishek looked at her shocked with thundered of mix emotions. She's playing with her whole damn life.
He left from there sadly because now she made him helpless by giving her swear.

After he left Avni broke down on her knees badly.

°

After getting down Abhishek sat on the couch.
Neil looked at him hopefully while Abhishek looked down.

Neil eyes welled up , only he knows what he was feeling right there.

Neil stood up from the couch and beeped the message tone of his phone.

Neil : Mom, wo.... I need to leave right now...it's urgent.

Without giving any heed to single person there he ran out of the house.
Ananya ran after him.

Ananya : Neil

Neil closed the door of his car and looked up to see Ananya standing there huffing.

Ananya : Ahh, actually Neil I am sorry, Wo sab kuch itna jaldi ho gaya, I didn't got time to inform you. When Mom got to know about it she hurriedly and excitedly informed Shweta Aunty that's when we got to know that you also love me.

She blushed looking down.
Neil looked at her face how happy she's looking but this happiness is just for her he's nowhere.

Neil looked up to see the girl who made him feel every happiness is standing on her balcony gate shedding tears and continuously denying.
They were so far but could easily see the vulnerability of each other. Both looked at each other eyes which was carrying the pain and heart break which felt as painful as the detachment of buds from the tender branches urging for a colourful life.

Avni closed her eyes looking on the other side, her action made his heart pain.

Just then he felt a soft palm being placed looking up to see Ananya was holding his hand.

Ananya : I promise Neil, I will always be there for you and we will cherish every moments happily. I... I love you Neil.

Neil looked at her as fresh tears welled up in his eyes. He so wanted to tell her that no please do not do this to yourself and to him. It will hurt her too later on.
He so wanted to tell her that he doesn't love her and won't be able to ever. His first, second and last will always be her sister and he so wants to cherish each and every happiness with her sister only but he was himself helpless when he got to know about Avni's stubborn when Abhishek was making her understand. He don't want to loose her and when she can put her brother and sisters relation in claim then she can go to any extent and he can't take risk, first he'll clear each and every misunderstanding then they'll inform everyone about them.

But little did he knows that the heart which had broken today will ever be mend by them, maybe not.

_

with love,
aastha <3