Chapter XXXII ✠ The Crown of Tears

Start from the beginning

"What's he saying?" Ingrid asked about the man in white.

"Benedictus qui venti in nominee Domini." The man said.

"He says, blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord," Una repeated in Ingrid's ear.

"Eo nominee ex pace ubertas." The man says.

"Under this name, from peace comes plenty," Una adds.

"Gareth Aelfraed Cuthwolf autem Wintancastre." The man shouts.

"He says Gareth's full name and where he hails from," Una says.

"Quis est Deus tuus?" The man asks, with the crown still hovering over Gareth's head.

"Who is your God?" Una speaks low.

"Christi crux est mea lux," Gareth spoke strongly, grabbing his cross tight in his hands.

"He says that the cross of Christ is his light," Una says.

"In nomine Christi, amen." The man says in white, laying the crown on Gareth's head.

Una watches as he does not release his touch on the crown yet.

"He says in the name of Christ, so be it." Una whispers.

"In nomine Christi, amen," Gareth repeats.

"In nomine domini, Vivat rex!" The man shouts, releasing the crown.

"In the name of God, long live the king." Una shivered as she said it.

Gareth stood up, and everyone began to chant the phrase over and over again. Gareth then walked around in front of the kneeling Wilona. The man in white handed him another crown of equal regality. Gareth hovered the crown over her head and spoke aloud.

"Wilona Elanor Pendragon autem Tamworth," Gareth shouted, placing the crown on her head.

"In nomine domini, Vivat regina!" Gareth said as he released the crown on her head.

She stood up, and everyone began to repeat his last phrase.

"In the name of God, long live the queen." Una shivered as she looked down.

Wilona was queen now, and Una was in this woman's house. Though Gareth has the final word, Una was now below Wilona since she was in her kingdom.

"I hope Gareth has better senses than to allow her to govern," Ingrid said above the shouting.

"He would be a fool." Una smiled, but deep down, she was torn from this image since Gareth was too kind for his own good.

After a few minutes, Ingrid grew bored and decided to leave for the feast before anyone would notice that the servant girl had been gone. Una chose to stay, observe Gareth and Wilona, to see how much more different this coronation was as opposed to her own. In truth, they were remarkably the same. Only Una had a sacrificial alter and had many offerings for the Gods that day. Una watches as everyone pours out of the hall for the feasting that begins outside the room's confines.

"Thank you, Father John, and may God bless you," Gareth said.

"Thank you, your grace. God looks down upon you with rays of grace. You will make a fine king." The man in white said, bowing to both before he left.

After a few minutes more, Una waits patiently until it is only the queen and king.

"A king!" Wilona laughs as she tries to hug Gareth, but he rejects her advance.

"What's wrong, my love?" Wilona stands off from a distance.

She reaches over on the alter and grabs the goblet of wine, drinking it to the last drop. Gareth sees her nearly spill it over the scrolls they had signed, signifying their reign and lands passed from Idris's will.