Chapter 3: White Materia

Start from the beginning

Aerith quickly backed away from me and smiled. "You can tell me next time. I'll see you guys when you get home."

Not even giving me the chance to respond, she ran toward the direction where Barret's voice came from.

I stared at her run away until her figure was no longer in sight. I sighed and sat back down on the small boulder, and waited for Tifa to come back. It wasn't long before I heard that voice I was so accustomed to calling my name.

"Cloud! I'm ready!" She screamed while running toward my direction. "Oh, did Aerith leave already?"

"Yeah, she left not too long ago." I answered. "Let's go."

I got up from the small boulder and started walking away. It took a few seconds of walking to realize Tifa wasn't following.

I turned around and looked at Tifa. "What's wrong?"

"That's not how a gentleman escorts a lady." She responded, crossing her arms. "What happened to the gentlemen that offered me his hand a few minutes ago?"

I walked back to her direction. "What are you talking about?"

With no response she just stood there. I guess she was waiting for me to do something gentleman like. I scratched my head wondering what exactly she wanted me to do.

Tired of just standing there, I decided to take a random guess and extended my arm toward her.

"There you go!" She happily responded, wrapping both her arms around my arm.

"I don't understand girls."

Just like yesterday, we went to the shopping district. It's not much of a walk to get there, so it didn't take any longer than 30 minutes. 

"Why are we here again?" I asked.

Tifa pulled me toward a booth. "This is why."

I looked at the products the booth was selling. Necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc. Anything that could be considered jewelry was in this booth.

"You dragged me out here just for some accessories?"

Tifa stared at me and then smiled. "Yup, I wanted to buy something for you yesterday but you were in such a rush to get back to the motel."

I stared at the booth, once again, and found nothing that piqued my interest.

"I don't need any of this. Why are you buying me something anyway?"

"Its a thank you for always being there for me." She replied, picking one of the necklaces up from the booth.

I wanted to question her reasoning but decided against it.

She put down the necklace she was eyeing and pulled on my arm, ready to go somewhere else.

"Too expensive." She stated.

I stood in place and looked at the price for the necklace. The price was 5,700 gil which is quite expensive, but I usually spend alot more on equipment and items so it didn't bother me.

I stared at the old lady who was running the booth. "Excuse me, I would like to buy this." I said, showing her the necklace I wanted to purchase.

"Clou-"

"Ah, you two have good eyes. The marble on the necklace is a replica of the white materia." The old lady said, interrupting Tifa.

"White materia?"

I've used quite a few materia but I've never heard of white materia before.

"Don't worry, boy, when the time comes you'll understand the power of the white materia."