Chapter 3: White Materia

Cloud POV

"Cloud, wakey wakey."

I opened my eyes to find a smiley face Aerith.

"Aerith? What are you doing in the boys room?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes to completely wake myself up.

"Room? I think you should look around. You're outside, Cloud."

Just like she suggested, I looked around.

"Wait, when did I get outside?"

I attempted to get up from my sitting position, but to no prevail, as I was stopped by Aerith.

"I wouldn't get up yet if I was you." She said, pointing toward my right shoulder.

Following her finger, I looked toward my right side and realized what she was talking about; Tifa was completely asleep, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Oh right, I forgot she fell asleep there. Actually, I don't even remember falling asleep myself."

I looked back at Aerith to continue our conversation, but looking at her smug face made me realize she was going to start teasing me about this.

"Hehe, you guys are alot closer than I originally thought." She said, still giving me that smug face.

"I wouldn't say we're close, we've just known each other for a long time."

"Really? The Cloud I know wouldn't let anyone touch him, let alone sleep on him, unless he had absolute trust in that person." She responded.

I guess she's not wrong, there's probably nobody I trust more than Tifa right now. That doesn't mean I don't trust Aerith, Barret, and Red, but if I were to leave my life in anyone's hands it would be Tifa's.

"You're right, maybe Tifa and I are close." I said, giving a slight nod to Aerith for helping me realize that.

"I agree, we're pretty close."

I looked toward the former sleeping Tifa who was clearly now awake.

"When did you wake up?" I asked as she lifted her head off my shoulder.

"I woke up the same time you did, but I didn't feel like opening my eyes or lifting my head up just yet."

I got off the small boulder, Tifa and I were using as a seat, and offered her a hand to help her get up.

"You're quite the gentlemen." Tifa stated, gladly accepting my offer to help her get up.

"Hey guys! I'm here too, don't start going into your own world without me!" Aerith jokingly screamed.

Tifa and Aerith both started giggling.

"Aren't you two supposed to be going somewhere?" Aerith asked us, after finishing her giggle session.

"She's right! I almost completely forgot! Cloud don't go anywhere, I'm going to get ready and then we can leave."

Tifa dashed to the girl's room and it was now only me and Aerith.

"You know, Tifa has been really worried about you lately."

I nodded in response. "That's one of the things we talked about last night."

"What else did you guys talk about?" She asked, getting close to me, a little bit too close.

"Nothing really important, why do you need to know anyway?"

I don't know why but she kept getting closer and closer.

"Hey Aerith! Me and Red are ready to go if you are!" Barret screamed from afar.