Chapter 2: Shopping

Cloud POV

You know what soldiers do? They kill the enemy and follow the orders they are given by their accepted superior.

I, Cloud Strife, am an ex-soldier. The only difference between me and a regular solider is the fact I don't have any superior.

"So why is this ex-soldier carrying groceries when I'm supposed to be out killing monsters?" I asked the two she devils, that seemed to enjoy ordering me around.

"Because we're two fragile ladies that can't carry all these things we're buying." Aerith replied, sticking her tongue out at me.

Tifa stopped walking to turn around and look at me, with eyes of concern.

"Do you need any help with those, Cloud?"

The way her eyes get watery and sad every single time she worries about me is truly annoying. It's also cute but mainly annoying, it makes me feel weak.

"N-not really." I replied.

"You sure? There's still alot more stuff we need to buy for the rest of the trip to Wutai." She explained. "Also, Barret and Red aren't here to help since they're taking care of all the equipment."

"Its fine, let's keep going." I responded, walking right past Tifa and Aerith.

--------------

"Finally its over."

I leaned my sword against the wall and flopped onto my bed.

"Was it that bad?" Barret asked, tossing me a bottle of water.

"Worst than my training to become a solider."

Barret and Red laughed at my response. Considering I usually don't tell jokes, I'd say that one was pretty funny.

"Since we got everything we need, what's the plan for tomorrow?" Red asked, getting into a sitting dog position.

"If it was up to me, we'd be making our way to Wutai, but Tifa and Aerith have other plans." I answered.

I got up into a sitting position and opened my bottle of water.

"Tomorrow Tifa and I are going to go shopping for something else she needed." I took a sip of my water bottle and then continued. "You guys are going to go with Aerith to pick some flowers. She said something about some rare flowers growing around here."

"What?! Why do we have to go flower picking?!" Barret screamed.

I looked at his direction and shrugged. "Tifa asked me to come with her and then volunteered you two to go with Aerith."

Barret seemed a little upset but that frown eventually turned into a smile.

"Heh, maybe I can pick some flowers for Marlene."

I sighed and then looked toward Red's direction.

"You okay going with them?"

"Whatever the plan is I'll follow." He responded.

I expected nothing else from Red. He may be a "dog" but he seems to be the most normal out of all us.

For the rest of the day Barret, Red, and I discussed our plans for Wutai; Barret wants to find a way to contact Aerith's mother so he can talk to Marlene and ask about Wedge. Red said he'll just follow whoever has the most intresting plans or whoever he feels like he needs to help. I'm going to do some research on the Whispers just for the sake of curiosity.

It was already 00:00 by the time Barret and Red fell asleep. I grabbed my sword and made my way out of the room. Just a few meters away from the motel is a small boulder that's in position for a perfect view of the sky. I sat on the boulder and began looking at the stars.