Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Bold - POV
Italicized - Thoughts

Tifa POV

"What's the plan now?"

That was something we were all wondering but Barret was the only one to say it aloud.

We just finished our battle with that evil, family killing, village killing, scumbag Sephiroth. But we just learned from Cloud that he wasn't able to finish him off. So we decided until we get rid of Sephiroth we wouldn't return to Midgar.

Speaking of Midgar: We just started alot more problems with Shinra there. Even if we could return to Midgar, Shinra would just come look for us and drop another plate in a different sector.

"Wutai." Cloud responded.

We all looked toward his direction in confusion.

"Wutai?!" Barret screamed. "We were just in a war with them!"

Cloud looked at all of us and then turned around to look back at the sky, in classic Cloud fashion.

"Exactly. With all the hell we just caused we need to stay low for a while. Shinra wouldn't dare to look for us in enemy territory. We can also decide what to do about Sephiroth when we get there."

Cloud is always one step ahead, I'm glad he's on our side instead of being a solider for Shinra. Sometimes I feel like he's only here just because of our promise we made when we were kids. But as long as he's here and he can protect me and I can protect him, that's all that matters.

"Well whatever." Aerith says as she grabs one of Cloud's arms. "Wherever my bodyguard goes I go."

She's doing it again! Just like that time at the train graveyard. They said they were just friends but look at Cloud blushing! He doesn't blush when I flirt around with him!

"Alright Aerith two can play at that game."

I grabbed Cloud's other arm. "Yeah, wherever Cloud goes we ALL go."

--------------
Barret POV

"What are they doing?" I asked Red, staring at the girls tugging Cloud's arms.

"I believe this is what you humans call a 'harem', Barret."

"Wha-"

--------------
Tifa POV

"Would you guys mind letting me go?" Cloud asked, trying to pull his arms away from us.

Aerith looked my direction and then smiled. "Fine fine. I'll let go."

She gave me a really mischievous smile, which means she did that to tease me on purpose.

"Tifa?"

Cloud looked at me with questioning eyes and started to pull the arm I was desperately clinging on.

"Uhm, sorry, I'm a little bit tired from that fight with Sephiroth. You don't mind me using your arm as support, do you?" I asked, giving him the cutest puppy eyes I possibly could.

"N-not really." He responded. "Only until we find a place to rest."

I gave his arm a squeeze. "Thank you, Cloud."

Is this the same Cloud that used to get shy when I wanted to hang out when we were kids? The same Cloud that promised to always protect me whenever he became a solider? Sometimes I doubt that. Cloud isn't exactly a people person but he was never this distant. When there's other people around it's like he's a whole different person, but when we're alone he's back to being the Cloud I want to always protect me.