37

The capital had descended into chaos. Soldiers in the arena streamed to try and stem the attacks coming from all directions. A few unfortunate fellows ran right into a thick stream of poison as Erik descended on them. He punched, kicked, and attacked through the soldiers not completely certain what was going on. He had arrived thinking he would be alone in helping the two idiotic twins when suddenly he had a whole bunch of people fighting alongside him. There were familiar faces in his allies too, people from Natsu's old guild who seemed to recognize him too.

And then... He heard a sound he never thought he'd hear again. Two familiar souls... two voices... Erik whirled around just in time to see a flash of red and silver scales before a dust cloud rose up. 

It was the last thing Erik ever expected to happen. Natsu and Gajeel, in full dragon forms, right there before his eyes. Erik must've stood there for a solid minute in shock and awe as the dragons lay waste to his opponents. 

Then, he heard the sound of a magic attack soaring for him and with some quick action, he managed to avoid it. He glared over at the poor soul who had tried to attack him and tore his attention away from the startling return of the two dragons and back to the fight at hand.

Laxus was completely frozen in shock.

In the past few weeks, his life had turned upside-down. His eldest daughter had returned to him. The kids of his old friends had turned up on his doorstep. He'd joined a rebellion. His guild was full of criminals as of now. To top it all off he was staging a full-on coup, a coup against the bloody king of the dragons. Right when he thought life couldn't throw him any more strange things, it brought him two dragons that he thought were long gone and a third one who crashed right into Acnologia.

Everyone froze when Natsu and Gajeel landed in the arena as if no one could believe it happened. The dragons easily disposed of the few dragon hunters. Everyone watched as they embraced their kids and all anyone really wanted to do was run up to either Natsu, Lucy, Levy, or Gajeel, and hug them.

Instead, everyone's attention was turned when a mighty roar shook the sky. A black dragon with large blue markings shot into the sky with a light blue dragon giving chase. The two clashed with such ferocity that everyone in the vicinity was blown away. Erik stumbled and managed to find a firm footing while across the arena, Laxus was only spared from it by catching Mira's outstretched hand as the woman, in her satan soul, clung to the stairs with her claws.

In the center of the arena, Natsu and Gajeel both shielded their families from the dust thrown up but everyone froze a bit to look up in awe at the two dragons.

"So... you've returned," Acnologia's draconic voice was one of the most terrifying things most anyone in the area had heard. He hovered above, glaring at his opponent.

The light blue dragon before him snarled. "This is the end of you," Wendy growled back. Her dragon form was second nature to her and it felt so good to be back in scales... except the moment from her nightmares was coming true. "I will end you..."

"If you can, child," Acnologia growled.

"I will... father," Wendy snarled. She saw an emotion flicker in Acnologia's eyes and felt anger well in her chest as she let out a roar and tackled Acnologia in the sky.

"I'm gonna go help her!" Natsu announced with a  snarl as his skin began to turn to scales.

"Natsu!" Lucy ordered, grabbing his hand while she kept one arm wrapped around Sting. "Incoming from the west!"

Hearing her words, Natsu looked back and made out the oncoming figures of a few dragons.

"SALAMANDER! THEY BROUGHT REINFORCEMENTS!!" Gajeel yelled, seeing the same thing.