🌙VIII. Birth of Blue Butterflies

Please read till the very end!

I. ✨

As a hormonal teenager, I started to isolate myself from the world, that includes my own father and Chaeyoung. Chae didn't question my odd behaviour though, due to the same phase occurring. Dad, a travelling chef, however took notice when I, out of the blue, bursted into ugly sobs in my room.

My concerned auntie pitied my endless cries, as I was bundled up in the silk sheets of my bed like a potato. Instead of checking in on me, she phoned my dad and informed him of my upset state. When my auntie handed the phone over, she claimed it was Chae, but when I heard the familiar voice speak through the phone, I couldn't help but cry even more.

"Dad! I don't know what's wrong with me! I keep crying like a lunatic, you need to send me to a mental hospital this instant!" He responded with amused chuckles, which caused me to pout through the device.

My father explained that it was entirely normal that a growing woman experiences some sort of depression, anxiety, or the overwhelming feeling that can only be solved by complete solitude.

He said my mother went through a similar stage throughout college. When my father was pushed into a more advanced class as my mother remained in intermediate, she began acting incredibly unusual. He secretly observed through the small windows her timid facade that was once cheerful.

"Overall there could be multiple reasons why you're like this. Could be..insecurities..lack of support..or plain moon time ."

Thinking about it, I told him it wasn't any of those, and as a cheerful woman, I stated that I was perfectly content with who I was. Asking him what what had been the cause for mom's behaviour, he hummed deep in thought.

"Well, I remember your mom admitting that she missed me being there, annoying her and all. She even questioned why I had to be so damn good in cooking..."

"Don't tell me you're feeling the same Pranpriya!" Lost and confused, I inquired what he was trying to imply.

"You like a boy don't you LiLi! Is it that Jungkook kid?! I swear, if he decides to come by at the house again, I'm cancelling this trip and booking the next flight!"

Immediately I hanged up the phone out of embarrassment and my face was flushed in deep scarlet. Once my father returned, he directly scolded me and he confirmed, 'boys should only stay 10 feet away from you, you hear me miss?!"

Looking back at it, I realized I did miss Jungkook in that way.

The first time dad met Jungkook still brings back old memories.

II.✨

Near Spring of Junior year, Miss Park had a university professor visit and do a presentation about preparing for what career we would like to take on. The desks were set apart this time, I was at the front and Jungkook was at the very back.