🌙II. Only the Moon Knows I'm in Love with You pt.2

IV

IV.✨

Before we were dating, Jungkook had previously returned to Seoul to continue his other half of university, we were at an underground bar at the outskirts of downtown. I was stressed about the medical exam and while heading to my dorm, a senior invited me to a celebratory party where fellow juniors were allowed to join. I couldn't decline the offer, for my tastebuds were dying to taste a drop of soju or perhaps a much stronger liqour.

My professor unfortunately delivered each student a pile of study sheets to review and try out, in order to prepare us for our upcoming midterm exams. The thing was, he handed them out three weeks ago. After my mother's death anniversary, and a visit to the grave. My diet inconsistently was gorging on chips during breakfast, ice cream at lunch, and blueberry muffins near dinner. Those sheets were forgotten and stashed underneath my bed, not even my name was written on one of them.

I arrived in black sneakers, denim jeans, and an oversized black hoodie with a brown coat, an outfit far from the normal bar dress code. I gained a noticeable amount of weight and my chin was becoming rounder. They were respectful seniors, so my appearance was the least of my worries.

The senior greeted me and directed me to an empty seat in between two ravishingly good looking males. Juniors too, I assumed. Clearing the area, I seemed to be the only female attending the get together, besides the female waitresses scattered about.

As I was slowly strolling down towards my seat, I noticed a familiar man on the left. His lips were rather thin, and when he smiled his teeth appeared to be like one's of a bunny. My eyes widen at the realization, Jeon Jungkook was sitting there!

I began making up ideas on how to escape the rather, unforeseen situation. Solutions such as walking into a restroom and leaving, leaving, or pretend I never saw him till the night ends. Unconsciously, I was heading towards the glass door labelled 'EXIT'.

"Lisa, where are you going? Come!"

So much for plan A and B. Plan C it was. Reluctantly, I gradually spun around, taking mild baby steps as I head over to, coincidentally, the only empty spot available. I bowed down at Sehun, whom was an encounter I've seen campaigning for various charities all over campus grounds. Then to Jungkook. No eye contact was made, but from the thick atmosphere, he was staring me down like I was the missing piece of a puzzle he had just found.

Shortly after plopping onto the cushion, Sehun poured me a shot of soju while heavily encouraging me to take the first shot of the evening. I thought engaging in these type of activities was a great way to ignore the thick tension. Jungkook eyed me as a I gripped onto the shot glass and forcibly swallow the burning bliss whole. Once again, life had felt great.

"I'll be taking her home, she seems just about done." Done already? Do I seriously get drunk after five shots?

Sehun aggressively pulled on my arm and I had one ounce of strength to refuse his offer. I was utterly weak after the rush of the cool night's air have meant my body. I let out a gasp of helplessness. He was a kind man, but I didn't know him, he was practically a stranger.