🌙V. "What's the difference between my bully and my lover?" Pt.2

I

I.✨

Miss Park was about to assign the partners for the science project, and interpreted that we had five seconds to stand beside the person we wanted to be partners with. Once she finished, I looked over my shoulder at Jimin and we both winked at each other, knowing that he's going to be partners with Chaeyoung.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to where I was stepping to. I made way for Jimin to stand beside Rosé, where my chair was, and I stumbled backwards beside Jungkook. By then, Miss Park had already finished counting and I looked to my right at the tall hooligan standing beside me. His eyes were hooded and I knew I made the biggest mistake ever.

We were to begin our planning. It wasn't smooth the first day, the days after, and after a week. When I sat down, he tugged on my hair because he couldn't hear me. Flicked my forehead or blew on my bangs, because I was 'too close'. And he would lay his head down as I did all the work! Lazy bunny!

We had nothing done and I knew that this was going to be a long project.

II.✨

We were sent outside the classroom after my little outburst at Jungkook and I was quick to defend myself to Miss Park. I complained that being partners with Jungkook was a total accident. I thought I would be okay but my impatience got the best of me and I apologized, shortly followed by asking if I can join a different group.

She didn't give a thought to it because she lectured us and said that teamwork was a significant asset in the adult world. That careers will involve leadership and citizenship, athletes require sportsmanship, and relationships need strong communication to make it work. I didn't pretend that I didn't hear that small scoff on the last example.

She sent us back and said that if we don't work on it right after school and get something done, we were to clean the classroom for a month. Miss Park was heading to the office to call our parents and inform them that the two will be going to one of their houses. I can't deny that I was furious.

When School was done, I ambled in the direction of Jungkook's locker. His figure appeared at the end of the hallways and I dreaded at the idea of working with him. He saw me and I could tell he was just as mad as he slammed his locker shut and sped past me, only to whisper,

"If we're doing this, we're doing it my way, at my house. I'm not trying to get the virus at yours, got it monkey?"

This stuck up ass-

"Are you coming or not?"

I ended up following him, five feet behind and annoyed.

...

Bright yellow, my favourite colour the house was. The flowers bloomed with the wind and the sunlight created such a vibrant feel to it. It was larger than a suburban home, it may have seemed normal, but I found it to be unique in a way only I could see it because Jungkook shouted at me for being too slow. The house was perfect.

The door opened, revealing a woman, in her late thirties. She grinned at the two of us and stepped aside, inviting us in. I was startled when she wrapped her frail arms around my shoulders and squeezed me tight. Everything about her was elegant. Her scent was smelled of honey lavender and her outfit was designed by an expensive brand.

"You must be Lisa! I heard so much about you! I'm Jungkook's mom. Everyone said you just moved from Thailand, and the second your teacher called I was ecstatic!" I looked over at Jungkook who was irritated from his mother's actions, rolling his eyes at the sweet woman.

"Mom~ don't touch her! You might get...the VIRUS." He nervously said to his mom, emphasizing the word virus to make it seem as if it's truly serious.

"Nonsense Kookie!" She snapped at him.

"Make yourself comfortable and if Jungkook here is bothering you, don't be scared to be a little tattletale. I'll be at the living room okay sweetheart?" I nodded at her in response. Sitting beside Jungkook in the kitchen, I cracked into soft giggles. Kookie?

~

If only Lisa knew. Her future mother-in-law was observing the two bickering from a far, while a smile shot up on her pale, porcelain face.

"Welcome home love."

III.✨

Jungkook and I were off the hook, but that didn't stop the cleaning schedule from changing. I stopped cleaning with Rosé, since Miss Park thought it was a grand idea to have me and Jungkook do all the tidying up together.

Today, it was Chae and Jimin. I was starving because I had left my lunch at home, so I asked Chim if he could accompany Rosê back home, since it was usually my job. He agreed and I didn't wait a minute to rush outside. Rice! Here I come! BBQ! I'm on my way!

But something stopped me. I swung the doors open excitedly, and the overweight boy and his scrawny friend took a hold of me and brought me to a large puddle from a previous thunderstorm. From there, I was thrown in the middle of it. Names, profane words, and discrimination were thrown into the mix as well. I felt humiliated.

As the slender kid was dumping my backpack, which contained the half finished project, a much more stronger hand held a firm grip on his bony wrist. Jungkook had twisted the poor guy's arm leaving him silently screaming at the pain.

"What're you doin' Kook! She has the virus, she deserves to be cleansed. After all, I saw her mother in the hospital yesterday. She was puking all over the bed! Just enough evidence that she has the virus!" My dad said my mother was temporarily going to live at her cousin's house for a month. The idea of her being in a hospital had seemed almost foreign.

All it took was a death glare to send the boys away crying. Speechless, I eventually picked up my backpack and went over to him to show my thankfulness. Him being himself, he pushed me back onto the dried cement and ignored my bow.

"No one bullies you but me. Understood Manoban?"