Chapter One

"Come on, Eun, let's go back to mom and dad, alright?" Yeosang says, keeping his hand on his younger brother, Eunsang's, back.

"They're playing again," Eunsang says excitedly, pointing at the group of boys playing beach volleyball by their blanket where their parents are.

Yeosang glances over at the game that's going on and nods, "They always play so seriously, huh?"

Eunsang pouts and sits down on the blanket with their mother, nuzzling into her side, "I wanna play with them!" He whines.

Their mother hugs onto Eunsang, "Come on my little Eunnie, do you want to take a nap with dad?" She smiles down at her son, rubbing his head and motioning towards the little beach tent they set up so they're able to get out of the sun. The last thing they want is for anyone to get sunburned, especially Eunsang.

Eunsang hums and stands back up all wobbly, walking towards the tent, "Daddy~" He giggles and jumps onto him.

Yeosang digs through the beach bag he brought with him for the day, pulling out the book he's been reading the past few days at the beach. He lays back in one of the sunning chairs they set up when they first arrived, pushing his sunglasses up to shield his eyes from the bright light beaming down on him.

Every few minutes or so, Yeosang can't help himself from stealing glances towards the boys playing volleyball. Since they first arrived, these boys have always set up in the same spot to play their little game and Yeosang and his family have always set up beside them. He's always wanted to ask to play, but he didn't want to intrude since they seem like they're all friends with each other. Yeosang wouldn't want to be the one stranger to ask to join in on their match.

Yeosang is so happy that his family agreed with his choice of spending his last summer before college at the beach. This beach holds fond memories for Yeosang since he's been coming here ever since he was little, and it makes him happy to see his little brother Eunsang enjoying it as much as he did, and still is.

Yeosang's family has grown so used to coming to the beach ever since his father's father gave them access to their beach house that's down here every summer.

Yeosang sighs, his mind becoming distracted from his book as he catches himself zoning out while looking at the volleyball game and thinking about his future ahead of himself with college. He can't hide that he's nervous about the whole situation, which is another reason why he chose the beach. It's always been so relaxing to him.

He begins to pay more attention to the volleyball game, putting his bookmark in his book before setting it down. There's this one boy that Yeosang's eyes have been drawn to ever since their arrival. He really wishes to talk to him since he seems like such a fun person. Yeosang really needs more people like that in his life. He could probably help Yeosang play volleyball better, too. The boy seemed to be quite skilled in that department, and even when he wasn't the one playing, he always cheers everyone else on.

It's admirable and Yeosang wishes he had the courage to go up and talk to him.