"That's a primo rig." Pope commented.

"Yeah. Yeah. That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge." John B said confidently. "Maybe it's hit the jetty or something?"

"You surfed the surge?" Kie questioned frustratedly. River pulled away from JJ and went to find her top, wanting to cover up, despite her bikini probably going to soak it.

"That's my boy. Pogue style." JJ bigged John B up and high fived him. River came behind him and smacked the back of his head.

She knew that was trying to act all big and tough, but that's not what was needed. She took in a deep breath before saying,

"You only didn't do it cause you're my little bit-"

"Cause I'm completely and utterly in love with you, angel." JJ said with a smirk and in a jokey tone cutting River off, although Kie, John B and Pope all knew he wasn't joking.

JJ's arms wrapped around the girl, picked her up and span her around. Her hands clasped down on his shoulders so that he wouldn't drop her. He slowly lowered her back to the ground, but his hands still reminded on her waist, pulling her closer.

"What the heck?" Kie questioned John B.

"Wait, wait do we know who's boat that is?" Pope questioned curiously, he didn't recognise the boat at all.

"No. But we're about to find out." John B said as he opened up a hatch.

"Dude it's too deep." JJ said looking at the boat in the water.

River pulled away from JJ to stand beside Kie. Their hands linked together. Kie was one of River's best friends, she knew exactly how to help River cope with her anxiety, so more often than not, the blonde sought comfort from Kie.

"Only for the weak and feeble, JJ." John B muttered as he pulled out the anchor.

"Well I'm not resuscitating you. I'm just making that clear up front." JJ joked, his eyes flickering back to River.

"That's fine." John B said shrugging.

"John B." Kie looked at the brown haired boy warningly. The brunette motioned towards River, hoping that John B wouldn't be stupid and notice that his actions were going to panic the girl.

Everyone cared for River deeply, nobody ever wanted to hurt her and they often avoided things that made her panic. There wasn't anything they wouldn't do for the girl.

"What?" He chuckled, not clicking onto the fact that River clung to Kie's hand so tightly that her knuckles had turned white.

"Diver down fool." Pope saluted.

"This isn't a good idea, John B." River mumbled, she felt her heart racing. She knew that if she didn't speak up, then she'd regret it.

All she could think of was the worst case scenario. What if something went wrong? What if he drowned? They wouldn't be able to help him. They wouldn't be able to get him to ER as quickly as possible. And if they managed to, she knew that John B would be able to pay any medical bills.

"Diver down." John B saluted back.

"Yeah he is." JJ said as he pushed John B into the water.

"JJ!" River quickly ran to the edge and watch the boy sink. She didn't have any time to talk him out of his stupid idea. The girl would have toppled overboard if JJ didn't grab her and pull her back.

The four of them hovered over the edge of the boat, waiting for John B to resurface. The blondes hands were shaking, she hated feeling like this.

"This was a mistake." River mumbled anxiously, biting her nails, which she knew was a terrible habit that she needed to break.

"Should we go get him?" Pope questioned. 

River jumped into the water without a second thought, she saw John B slowly swimming up to her. He put up his thumb to say that he was okay. The pair resurfaced at the same time.

The girl didn't exactly think about her actions, she just wanted to make sure that John B was safe. She couldn't lose him.

"Oh my God that took forever." Kie said panicked.

"Don't do that again." JJ said, grabbing River's arms and pulling her up. He looked disappointed in her and her actions. "Not without telling me first."

"He could have been in tr-" River tried to explain her actions. She didn't know how to, but she could at least attempt to.

"Ri, I don't care. If you'd have gotten hurt I don't know how I would've lived with myself." JJ admitted. "I don't think I'd wa-"

"I can look after myself, J." River reassured him, cutting the boy off.

She knew that she needed her friends, but what she didn't need was babying. She was a capable girl, she was able to make her own choices.

"That's not the point, River. The point is-" JJ ran his hand through his hair frustratedly. He didn't know how to tell her that if she was to get injured by diving after John B, that if he lost both of them, that if he lost her, he would die.

"What exactly is the point, JJ?" River snapped. She didn't mean to, but she did.

She faintly heard the others talking about a motel key in the back ground, but both her and JJ chose to ignore it.

"The point is, you shouldn't be so reckless and so fucking stupid." JJ muttered, his nostrils flared as he spoke.

"Fuck you, JJ." River shouted, taking a deep breath and walking off to sit at the front of the boat, with Kie.