[17] The Mate Bond- II

Start from the beginning

She patted my shoulders and said, "Turn around. Your legs, now."

I slid around on the wooden stool and faced her amused face. "Is it necessary to visit her?" I asked, scrunching my nose.

"Why? She scares you?" Amelia teased while dipping her fingers into oil bowl.

"No. I am just not thrilled to meet her."

"The females would be happy to see their Uncle and Aunt," she said, making me sigh.

I blinked while looking at her tanned hands rubbing my legs effectively.

"I wonder if you have done this to every female of your family?"

She smirked while looking up at me. Her Kohl was dark and iconic. That purple bandana was fiery. Her nose ring looked like the perfect finishing to her pretty face. But God protect her scalp from those tight braids.

"All the pups. But you are the only bride. For Nysa, my mother-in-law was there. Alvena and Natasha have gotten their share from their mates' mothers. I am filling your share," she said while looking at me.

"My Gran used to do this every weekend, you know. But after I grew up, I was all stupid for neglecting her massages. The high school, it's tough. The peer pressure is so much. You just have to keep those hair oil free to be ever ready to go out," I muttered while remembering those days. "In last two months, Mom did my oiling twice. The moments I could afford in whole of my life."

She stared at me while squeezing my hanging muscles of the legs. "Your mother seems like an ungrateful bitch."

"I never said that," I said while looking at her in shock.

"What kind of a mother throws her pup away?" She asked while giving me a raise of eyebrows.

"She was helpless. It was her mate who took her away. Thank Goodness, Mom married my father and then I was born. I could only imagine the worst of scenarios, had been I a bastard." I muttered while glancing at her.

She stopped massaging in confusion as if concentrating on my words.

"But Gran would have taken care of me anyway, I know. I am the last mark of her son, after all."

Amelia lowered her eyes and focused on rubbing my heels with oil. "Your mother's mate never tried to kill you?"

I nodded. "For Mom, he couldn't. I bet he would have if she wasn't attached to me. But this doesn't mean, he is kind. He never adopted me. He just hated me." I said while chewing on my lips. "I don't know. The night I was thrown here, he helped me. He was being kind. He is maybe a good man, just not to me."

"I pity him. I would have killed you if I had been in his place," she said truthfully.

My heart drowned in hurt.

"No one likes to see their mate birthing a pup with another male. Someone else's blood. It ruins the legacy," she said while pressing her finger tips at points behind my ankles.

"But what's my fault in all of this? I didn't ask to be born," I said, lowly.

She halted and rubbed her palms in thought. "But asking your mother's mate to become a father to you, which must be painful for him to even think of, is your bad. You ask for him to hurt himself."

I lowered my eyes in thought, wondering if that was the scene with Gilbert.

"Does it even matter anymore?" I mumbled, chuckling humorlessly. "It's not like I will be meeting him again. He must be living peacefully with my mother now."