ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 27

"Esma is telling me that she doesn't think Leo is her match. The compatiblity is there but the feeling isn't." I tell my mother.

She listens carefully, nodding ever now and then.

"She suspects you were right. The system is flawed. What if we can fall In love on our own?" I say putting my face in my hands.

My mother sighs leaning forward.
"That's what I wondered nearly my whole life. And believe me, it broke our family because of it." She tells me.

"But is there a chance?"

"You'll have to find out. You can only truly find out if you let love find its way without the system, see if it is right. Esma is following that too." She gets up and walks over to the table.

The puts a few biscuits on the plate and sets it down in front of then sits down.

"Have a biscuit." She offers.

I take one, thanking her.

"I think that because she had feeling for you before, they are still lingering after knowing what she wrote was true. Even before she knew who you were." Eiroleth shrugs.

I nod my head.

"So what do I do?" I ask.

"I think you should look to see who your match is."

I pause.  "Are you sure?"

She nods."Yes. Because then you can see if you still have feelings for this girl while knowing you should have feelings for someone else. See if it falls into place."

"Okay." I breath.

"If the cupid system really does work, then everything will work out. If it's flawed... Then you will know." Eiroleth tells me.

"Thank you."

She flicks her wrist. "You know I would do anything for you. I want to make it up, all those years."

I give her a caring smile.

"Oh by the way." I just remembered what I wanted to tell her.
"I saw you and my father in the office a while ago..."

"Oh, yes." She says her cheeks flushing red. "Let's just say once you find the one, nothing can come between you. Your father was forgiving me."

I raise my eyebrows, "Really?"

She smiles, "Yes, I hope you can too, in time."

"One more question." I say before I leave.

"Anything."

"What did my father do, after he found out it was you who crashed the system?"

She looks away from me. "That's none of your concern. Everything is okay, Everton."

I give her a worried look before letting her walk me out the house.

I say my goodbyes as I walk back to the pod. The ride back to the cupid world was peaceful as I was able to be drowned in my thoughts.

None of my concern.

Well I am concerned and I will find out. She seems upset about it.

Once I'm back in the cupid world, I go straight to the village, down the dirt path to my cottage. Once I was inside the air was stuffy and hot, so I opened the windows to get it air out.

"Okay, here goes nothing." I mumble to my self and I pull out the folder in which my match was hidden in.

I sat down on the couch, bring a beer bottle down with me.