ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 19

Nevi couldn't have gotten me there fast enough.

I leaped out the pod letting my wing come alive out of my back, turning myself invisible to all humans. I flew over the markets scanning my eyes in the crowds to find a certain brown hair girl.

Then I see her, talking to the guy I shot the repel arrow at. Even without the desire he still looks interested. My stomach turned with annoyance as I few behind one of the stalls folding down my wings, becoming visible again.

"Esma." I say appearing right beside her. The guy called Adam looked at me questionably. I gave him the same look back.

"Everton!" Esma's eyes light up. I smile down at her, then she turns back to Adam. "This is Adam, we were just going to get coffee, did you want to join?" she asks me.

I raise my eyebrows, "Esma we have to go."

"Come on dude, its just coffee." Adam says while looking over Esma as she blushes under his gaze.

I chuckle a bit. "I know but we have to be somewhere, my apologise."

"The girl wants coffee, are you her possessive boyfriend or something?" he asks.

Something made me want to turn around and say yes but the way Esma is blushing he won't believe that for a second.

"No he's just my body guard." Esma laughs. Wells she's not entirely wrong.

"Well then, I'm sure we can all have coffee." Adam says giving me a slight glare.

This guy is starting to get on my nerves...

"Fine." 

"Lets go to the one over there." Esma points and starts walking through the crowd.

As we sit down at a three seated table, we all ordered a coffee. Esma was googling eyes at Mr ImSoCute over there.

"So what do you do for work?" Esma askes him.

"I'm a personal Trainor." Adam says proudly, flicking his eyes to me for one second.

of course he is...

"What about you?" 

"Oh I used to be a receptionist, but I've had to put that on pause for now." she says looking over at me.

"Why so?"

"Oh," Esma pauses for a second. "They are giving me paid leave, because um, my sister is very unwell and I have to care for her baby." she concluded.

Adam nodded taking a gulp of his coffee. They make coffee so much better in the cupid world.

"Is this coffee bit bitter to you?" Adam asks.

"Nope" she shakes her head and smiles.

"No." I sip. Must be you.

"Would it be too soon to ask if I could see you again?" Esma tilts her head to the side.

I turned to Esma, thinning my lips into a line.

"Of course, here's my number." Adam immediately replied taking is phone out.

"Thanks." she giggled.

"Definitely not how I expect to spend my afternoon, with a cute girl." Adam says leaning forward on the table. "You have captivating eyes."

I roll my eyes, I've had enough. I'm not human but I know when another male try's to act a certain way to get a female more interested in them.

"Esma," I say this time reaching under the table putting my hand on her arm. "We really need to go." 

All of a sudden she snapped her head towards me, her eyes stare into mine as though she has just come back to earth from a mystical land. 

"Yeah, yes, right, we have to go, sorry Adam, um we were meant to meet my parent's for tea." Esma said getting up holding my arm as she apologised.

"Oh, no worries... I'll call you." Adam winked at her.

Esma didn't react how I expected she would have, she gave a friendly smile and dragged me out the store.

We walked in silence as I lead her back to the pod. When she didn't let go of my arm I reached around to put my hand on her back to guide her to the direction of Nevi. She rested her hand down like it had comforted her. 

"Could we actually go to my parents house?" she asked me once we were inside the transportation pod. 

"Sure,  I can drop you there."

"No, actually, I want you to come with me." She says nervously.

I frown. "You want me to meet your parents?" I say pointing to myself.

"Not just that, its just I don't want to do anything stupid. Like answer his call or call him." 

I nod, confusingly. "Sure, Esma. I'm here for you."

She smiles, giving me her parents address.

But I can't help but think of her unusual change of mind. As soon as I touched her its like it snapped her out of that desire and I think that she noticed too.