Home: Luke

Hurt, anger, and pain all flash across your face as you look at him. He had finally told you the truth. It was one weekend, one weekend full of mistakes. He was away on tour and they were given a few days break. The worst part of it all is that it took him a week to finally tell you what you already know. He could tell from the look on your face that you already knew. He expects you to be angry, throw things at him, scream. He expects anything, but what you did...you sit down and ask him to tell you every detail of his weekend with her. He stands frozen for a good minute before he finally realizes that you're being serious. Then he sits and tells you everything about the weekend. You don't cry, speak, or move for the better part of the hour. Once he finishes, you simply stand up while a wide range of emotions plays across your face like a movie screen.

"Say something, Y/n," he begs.

"I don't know what to say. I honestly don't," you say.

"Say that you hate me, say that you want me to leave. Anything, just don't stay silent."

"That's the funny thing though, Luke. I don't hate you. My heart is in a million pieces, but I don't hate you," you say.

"So, what do I do?" he asks.

"You leave and give me a few days to get through this. Then we'll talk," you say, walking to your bedroom.

He listens as the door closes and the tears slip from his eyes. You not hating him is worse than you hating him because he hurt you and yet you still love him. That fact hurts worse than anything you could say or do. He grabs his keys and does as you ask...he leaves. For three weeks, he gets nothing but radio silence from you. You don't call him or text him. You're just silent and it kills him. He sees your friends all the time and they tell him that you're doing okay. You go to work like you're supposed to, and you keep living your life. When you do call he expects the worse. Once again though, you surprise him...

"Come home."

That's all you say before you hang up, two words. All he gets is two words after three weeks of silence, but with those two words, he knows that the two of you are going to be okay. That the two of you will get through this because you told him to come home and you know that his home is wherever you are.