The confession

Ash's Pov

Oh my god! I can't believe that I just spent four hours at my teacher's house. I am so embarrassed. Maybe I shouldn't have gone out on my own. To make matters worse, my parents are here with my brother and they angry and scared for me. I can read them. I can read them very well. It's a skill that I have developed over the years. I know that they are worried about my future. I mean, I just learnt that werewolves exist. They actually exist. My childhood dreams have finally come true. The truth, is that I love mystical creatures like werewolves and vampires and now that I have learnt that they actually exist, my life finally feels complete. The only thing that I am worried about, is the fact they said that I was their mate. Their mate. I have read about it all but I still don't understand anything about it.

It is said that a werewolves mate, is their life partner but that's not the part that scares me the most. It's the mating season. I don't understand it at all and that scares me. It means that I have to do something really embarrassing. Yeah, I really do not want to think about it. I will die of shame. Right now, we are on the car back home. Apparently, my parents went to collect my brother directly from school. He has a car but he decided to leave it at his apartment. I am just happy that he is going to be spending the week with us. It has been so long and I have really missed him. He is the only sibling that really bothered to show me any kind of love and care.

"Ash listen, whatever happens, do not go into the woods on your own. I know you like animals but not all of them are friendly and what you met in the woods, might not be a normal wolf" My mom pleading and I just nodded.

"Does that mean that it was a werewolf?" I asked out of curiosity causing my parents and brother to tense and look at me. Of course dad couldn't turn to look at me since he was driving but I think you got the idea.

"Maybe. We don't know. By the way, how do you feel about everything you were told today" My brother asked.

"Well, I was really surprised but I was not all that scared. The only thing that scared me was that they said that I was their mate" I said blushing making my family laugh.

"Come to think of it, you have always loved stories about mystical creatures. You would always read a lot of them when you were little. Always" My brother said making me blush.

"Yeah. I remember that. You were so adorable back then and even more adorable now" Mom cooed causing me to blush even more.

"So what do you think, now that you know that they are real" My dad asked as he steered the wheels.

"Not all that different from what I have always thought. I loved them back then and I still love them even now. So I don't think anything of it. The only thing is that I have read the mating part in the novels but I still can't understand any of it. I understand having a partner but what they do to each other is the thing I don't understand. Why do they have to get naked?" I asked more to myself without thinking. After I was done pondering, I looked up and saw my brother looking at me in amazement and trying so hard not to laugh.

"Um.....yeah. That part...." My mom stuttered while looking toward my dad. My brother in the other hand was just laughing away. It seems like he can't keep it in but then I wonder why he was laughing and what was so funny about what I just said.

"Why are you laughing so much?" I asked looking at him.

"Oh little brother! Sometimes I forget just how innocent you really are but there is no need for you to worry about it just yet. I am sure you will understand soon" He breathed out between laughs.

Not knowing the reason why he was laughing so hard, I sulked and crossed my arms annoyed as I watched my parents and my brother laugh their asses off at my apparent innocence. After that episode, no one said anything again and so we got closer to the house, I literally feel the tension rising up some more. When we arrived, my dad didn't waste anytime packing and jumping out of the car along with my mom and my brother. I have a feeling that there is serious trouble brewing inside. I contemplated going into the house for a couple of minutes. Then after those couple of minute, I decided to give and walk inside and boy did it feel like I have walked inside a warzone.