Chapter 12

I jumped a mile high when my door suddenly closed, I had forgotten about how the our old Victorian house seemed to have a mind of its own. The doors slammed harder if they wanted to. My mother blamed the wind, but me, I knew, now, that Hell had done it all. He had make the plates drop and the windows break and most importantly, he took the lives of almost everyone who had lived here. Again, we still don’t know if my sister is dead or not, but if I keep hoping they will find her, lost in the woods or something like that, I will just keep dying inside.

I spent the rest of the day watching TV, going on my laptop and texting my friends. At one point, my friend got detention for texting me. She tried to lie and say she was telling me what I had for homework, but my Math teacher didn’t believe her. My grandparents and my aunt arrived home from the airport at 1:30, just as I was making grilled cheese sandwiches. “Aunt Ellie! You made it!” I said, as she hugged me. “Hey kid! Yeah, I did.” She looked around the living room. “How was your flight?” I asked. “Long. I sat next to this old guy who smelt like rotten cheese.” She replied with a sick look on her face. “Eww” I said. “He kept eating these little black things, he snored so loud, at one point, a woman from up front asked if I wanted to come sit with her and her husband. So till the guy woke up, I sat with her and her AMAZINGLY hot husband. The woman was really nice; she and I got talking about our jobs. She’s a home designer and I am a fashion designer. We talked for a bit and then I asked where she lived and turns out she lives 2 blocks over from me. She gave me her number and was going to coffee when I get back.” She told me. I sat down on the couch and looked up at my aunt. She looked at me. “I know this is hard kiddo, but it’ll turn around. The guy is in jail and they are still working on your sisters case right?” She asked. “No, they stopped. They think she dead just like all those other little kids and Amilia…” I said awkwardly. “I’m so sorry baby, I wanted to…” A knock at the door cut her off. “I’ll get it” I said. Standing up, slipping on my kittens toy, which lay almost completely concealed under the couch, showing just enough to fall on my ass. My aunt helped me up and walked over to the door with me. Outside, there was a package, it was addressed to me. I opened it outside, when I read what it was about; I collapsed into a pile of snow.

I had been accepted to a weekend Arts school. I would learn all the Arts at the school, and only the best artists, and actors could get into the school. My aunt pulled my up from the cold, wet snow and helped me inside. She and I talked  about the letter as she walked upstairs with me. When we got into my room and I started to lay out some clothes for me to change into, I asked me aunt about the blue hair die. “Would you be able to do this to the tips of my hair?” I asked. “Sure! This looks cool!” She replied. “Ohh cute she said looking at uggs, pink and purple shorts and a cute sweater. “Isn’t it a little cold for shorts?” She asked again. “I’m not going anywhere, but yeh.” I replied. “Put on some jeans or leggings, im taking you out. You’ve been stuck in here for like 3 days… Lets go somewhere. Wanna go to the mall?” She questioned me. “Sure, I’ll be down stairs in 30 mins, Id like to shower, im cold.” My aunt waved and then trotted down stairs. I had shewed her away because I say Betty waiting to talk to me. 

“Hey” I said, gesturing for her to come in. “How’s, how is Sp-Spenc-Spencer…” I stuttered. “She fine, for now. I wouldn’t get your hopes up, he’s sucking the life out of her. I’ve never seen him this in need for human energy. You need to be careful what you say. He not only has control of you and your other family, but he can control me as well. Have fun with your aunt. Look at her eyes, shes one of us. She also died in the sickness, she was my sister. She doesn’t know it now, but she will remember someday. I have some important news. Hell is getting closer to your grandparents; he might just kill everyone till you’re alone. Whether it’s on the cruise ship for their High School Anniversary or of natural causes, it’s coming soon. After them, you aunt will be all you have left. He won’t kill her, she is my sister, but he will kidnap you and then make the world forget about you, you will never have insisted. I’m sorry, good night… He knows I’m gone I better…” I cut her off. “NO, don’t leave, he’ll hurt you again, I don’t want him to kill you to, he can’t, you’re my mother, my real one, I love you… Please don’t leave me!” I turned into a child then, sitting on the floor and pouting and crying. “Honey,” She kneeled down on to the floor. “He won’t hurt me, stop crying, it’s not necessary. You’re acting as if you’re a child…” She pulled my up off the floor and hugged me. “Good night, I’ll come back tomorrow…”

I didn’t want to lose her, even if he did capture me, I would have my Mom. She would never hurt me, Hell would. I wasn’t so cold anymore, so I just got on my clothes. I walked down the stairs, whipping tears from my eyes. “Hey, ready to go?” My aunt sat on the couch, on my laptop. “You didn’t mind do you, I was bored waiting for you… Sorry” She looked up at me; I noticed her eyes, like mine. A smile comes across my face. “Its fine, I don’t care. Let’s go, I’m bored and I want some new clothes.” I opened my wallet, to find the $200 I had saved up for my trip to Brazil over the break, but being in the hospital made me miss that chance.  

We drove in my mom’s car, my dad’s care was smashed and in the shop. I turned the radio on and instantly we started singing to Nicki Minaj. We both liked her music, not her style, but we loved singing to the radio. It was a half hour drive, most of the time listening to One Direction, Taylor Swift, Adele and Justin Beiber. When we got to the mall, I blew $150 on clothing. I bought 5 t-shirts, 4 tank tops, 2 pairs of shoes, 3 leggings, some jeans and a few sweaters. Money, GONE!

We got early dinner at McDonalds and went into a photo booth and took some photos. We laughed a lot, we smiled and for the second time this month I felt happy. I was always happy when Betty was around; she was my mother I had to be happy. Around Hell, I felt depressed and upset. I wanted to punch his face in, make that ugly nose get stuck in his fat head and make those glowing red eyes purple. Around my Aunt, I could be myself, I didn’t have to be someone else, I didn’t have to be upset. I hadn’t cut myself in weeks, which was an improvement; the point of my aunt coming down was because my grandparents said they couldn’t leave me alone for a week.

The car ride home was filled with laughter, I showed her my stuff, we finished our ice-cream and we stopped to watch the sun set for a while. It was nice to have someone who didn’t think I was crazy. Even though she doesn’t say it, I know she used to think in.

We got home pretty late, my granddad watched TV on the couch while my grandmother sowed. I smiled at them and got us some drinks. We went up into my room and layed on my bed. She played with my hair, just like Betty did. We watched movies for a while and soon, I fell asleep. I heard her leave my room. She set me down and then closed the door, only coming back in a few seconds later to turn off my lamp. For one in a while, I had no nightmares or no late night visits from Hell. I slept for once.

A/N: Yeah! 12th chapter FINISHED! What do you guys think? BYE -K