Blush, Blush, Blush! (& a Small Theory)

Umeji's Pov

Umeji's Pov

I woke up around 6:00 a.m, as usual.
After I ate breakfast, I took a quick shower and got dressed. My everyday routine, you know.

It was about 6:30.
I thought of sitting with my phone, to kill some time, until Osoro would come and -

Oh crap!
I literally jumped off the sofa, as I remembered that I had promised Izumi to pick her up. And I had also promised that I wouldn't be late.

Damn it.
I can't believe I totally forgot about it.

I wore my shoes, grabbed my backpack and was about to head out. But before I do so, I quietly entered mum's bedroom, just to ckeck.

And of course, she was sleeping again after her night shift, and in a few hours she would have to go to work again. I sighed, and got out her room.

Soon, I was walking all the way to Izumi's house. Truth be told, I was worried that I would be late. But well, this actually happened.

" What the hell, Umeji?" she said, as she opened the door.

She wasn't even in her uniform. She was just wearing a dark tank top and white shorts.

" What?" I asked.

" When I told you to be here early, I didn't mean at 6:35!"

" Oh, um.... I probably overdone it, huh?" I nervously replied, and scrubbed my head.

" You probably did" she sighed.

" Anyways, I'm gonna get dressed. Come in"

I followed her and got in the house. She told me to wait for her at the living room, as she walked at her room, at the end of the hallway. Her apartment seemed quite small, but comfortable, at the same time.

From the living room, I could see the kitchen, a small office room, and the hallway, which consisted of a bathroom and two bedrooms.

The one was Izumi's, obviously. The other one, though, was probably locked, because the door was shut. I assumed that probably it was her parents' room.

At that moment, I remembered how she seemed hurt, when Hayanari had mentioned her parents.
What is she hidin-

" I'm ready!" I heard her saying, as she walked out of the room, wearing her white uniform, and putting something inside her bag.

" Good, then move your ass" I said and got outside, as she laughed and followed behind me.

But there was one odd thing.
I could swear, that whatever she had put in her bag, looked like.....

A syringe?

Mei's Pov

We made our way to school, talking about nothing in particular. And I was actually feeling much more happier to know that he had offered to pick me up. That meant he didn't hate me like every other student here? Great.