Why Are You Helping Me?

Mei's Pov

Mei's Pov

I opened my eyes.
I looked around and saw my dark room, covered in shadows.
I can't move. Not even my little finger.
I can't speak.

I start to breath fast, start to panicking. No, no, no.
I am scared. I am scared that He will come from a dark corner and grab my ancle,
while I can't move or scream.

I jumped up, holding my chest and trying to calm down. Not again.
You may be thinking that this was only a nightmare, but it wasn't.

The truth is that I suffer from sleep paralysis, since I was very young.

Sleep paralysis is a state in which your body is sleeping, but your brain doesn't. In other words, you wake up during the night and you are not able to move for about 2 - 4 minutes or so.

I used to take sleeping pills, but I thought it completely stopped after The Day.

" Guess I was wrong" I said out loud.

I saw my kitten jumping on my bed and crawling closer to me. I straw its back. I really needed some company, so it was my new roommate now.

" You are awake too, Neko?"

And yeah, I named it Neko - Chan (=cat in Japanese). I know I am not very creative, but it sounds cute.

I checked my clock and it was 5:17 in the morning. Great. I tried to get back to sleep, which I did, only to wake up again by my alarm clock 2 hours later.

My new white - or Spring Uniform, if you like it that way - uniform hadn't arrived yet, so I put on the dark blue I wore yesterday.

I catch my hair up to a ponytail and headed outside to wait for Kokona, Saki and Amai.

Umeji's Pov

I woke up as usual, around 7:30, with an awful headache like I always have. I took took a quick shower and changed into my school uniform, along with my favorite yellow shirt with the flaming skull.

I looked myself in the mirror.
I wouldn't pay attention naturally, but I did today. I remembered how Izumi had twisted Gaku's arm, the same arm that Bullies had broken a long time ago...

I remembered how all of us used to be. Just a bunch of innocent kids, just like others. Normal.
But weak as well.

Why am I even thinking about these? I am guessing due to Izumi.
Damn, that girl. It's almost like looking at myself some years ago, being bullied in horrible ways. She may has guts now, but eventually she will bent. That's what always happens.

I can tell that she is hiding her real feelings. Pretty much like me.
When she was on the ground, I saw her weakness, which, at that moment, wasn't able to hide.