Surprise in Alaska

The gaze of everyone in the room turned to the lieutenant of the army. Silence fell in the room. Sophia broke the silence. "We don't have much time, you know. Just get to the point." She said. The gods chuckled. "You have been called here to officially become an army. Perseus and I conversed. There are more things to do. The lieutenant of the army shall design the uniform with Perseus. Also you need a name. The army of Olympus is the unofficial name. Just chose who your patrons shall be." Sophia was surprised. She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Seriously." she said.

The army contemplated. Finally they decided to have Hestia as their patron. Now the time came for a name. The name decided was 'The Warriors of the Hearth.' Now they had to design their symbol and uniform. This took quite a bit of time. Finally they finished the job. They wore full sleeved black robes with their symbol in the middle of the robe. They wore plain black masks covering their mouths. They had hoods covering their face.

Their symbol was a fire surrounded by two orange ovals with swords on either side. All of this was bordered by an orange square. Sophia had an orange bracelet on her arm signalling she was lieutenant. The warriors had a belt around their waist and a quiver on their back. Two swords were sheathed on the belt. They had vials of Greek fire strapped to their waist. There were enchantments that prevented them from blowing up on their owner.

Numerous throwing knives were hidden all over them. They were enchanted to return to their owner. They had a simple steel rod attached to their belt. It would turn into a bow at will. The quiver had infinite arrows in it. All in all they were a walking armory and looked very scary. Hestia and Percy did all the enchantments. When the warriors walked into the throne room, everyone's jaws dropped. When they found out about the enchantments their jaws dropped even further. Gods had the ability to shape-shift. Apollo accidentally managed to turn into a lizard. This sent the throne room into a fit of laughter. "What do you think?" a smirking Hestia asked. "The warriors look plain scary" Hermes replied.

Sophia and Will chuckled to themselves. Zeus turned serious. "You have another job. You need to hunt down Lycaon and his pack. They have been causing mass disturbance in the border between Alaska and Canada. The last thing we need is riots among the mortals." Zeus said. The army became serious. "We will hunt that idiotic werewolf down. One of our two swords is silver and our quivers can summon arrows of any type. You can count on us grandfather." Sophia said, for the first time, she took the responsibility of a true leader. Pride shone in Athena's eyes. The warriors marched down and reached the lobby of the empire state building.

"Now we have to get there fast. Since Hestia is our patron we can fire-travel. Now it will be hard to be accurate. Just picture yourself vanishing. Percy will do the rest. The warriors vanished. Percy pulled them on course and within a few seconds the army was standing on the border. "While we are in Alaska we expose ourselves to attack. Tread carefully. You do not want to get swallowed by a patch of muskeg. Just stay on the ice. Keep a keen eye" Percy said. He had been in Alaska before so he knew how dangerous it was.

The warriors looked around for wolf tracks. Soon they tracked the werewolves down. Werewolves were surrounding a girl no older than Sophia. In a flash the warriors unleashed a rain of silver arrows onto the wolves. The Stoll twins grabbed the boy and quickly walked back. A feral roar was heard. An army of Cyclops arrived. The army grabbed their swords and shot into the army of monsters. The beasts stood no chance. Soon they were finished off. Sophia gently approached the boy. Suddenly the girl grinned. "About time you found the werewolves." She said. Percy merely laughed. "Seriously Grandmother." He said. "Meet Rhea, the titaness of motherhood." Percy said smiling.