Training Again

Percy immediately drew his sword. When the lion made no move to attack, it dawned upon him that lions were the sacred animals of Rhea, so they should be peaceful. He lowered his sword. He was wary, but not hostile. "I see you have figured out who the lioness is. She is my pet." Rhea said smiling. Percy was surprised. The lioness simply got up and walked away.

Rhea became serious. "Perseus you are looking for Herma. Unfortunately, she does not dwell in the spot she previously used to. Nyx expected the gods to pull something like this. Herma has been captured. She is currently held in the mansion of night." Rhea said grimly. Percy's eyes widened. "What!" he said stunned. "Perseus, do not despair. I have a solution to the problem you face. You are far more powerful than you think. Your immortality allows you to break your bonds. You can learn more and more tricks and grow stronger. Your mother can hold herself against Nyx for some time, not indefinitely. You must train hard. I can help you to train properly." Rhea said. Percy sat stunned speechless. "I would be honored." He managed to say.

"Good. Now you must send a message to the Olympians telling them you will be gone. You can bring your younger 'sister' as you like to call her." Rhea said to Percy. Percy was overjoyed. He fire traveled to Olympus. After telling them he would be gone, he grabbed Sophia and fire traveled back. The campers had been panicking. Sophia and Hestia were not. They were used to him occasionally disappearing. "Who is this Percy" Sophia said. She had stopped calling him 'big brother' since it sounded very childish. "Sophia, this is your great grandmother Rhea. The Titaness of motherhood." Percy said. Sophia's eyes widened. Before she could become formal with the Titaness, she was told by Rhea to consider her family and drop the formalities.

Soon it was time for training. All of Rhea's kindness disappeared. She trained them in a very harsh manner. They sparred, lifted, and trained their powers till they ended up falling unconscious. This continued for a month. Nyx was now wary and had delayed the attack, so a month should be enough for them to make it to camp and help the campers.

Every morning Percy got up at 4 am and ran 30 miles while carrying a boulder. Immortals ran faster than mortals, so Percy was able to run fast enough to complete the run in two hours. He had to spar with Rhea after all of this. An hour later, the sparring session ended. Again he had to try to sneak up on Rhea's lioness. He then had to unleash a massive hurricane, earthquake, and keep the entire forest burning with Greek fire simultaneously. While doing this, he had to block tsunamis coming from the Mediterranean sea which was right next to him. After this he had to eat his food, which happened to be a single apple.

He then had to fight an army of automatons, each as strong as a full grown Cyclops. After he dealt with the army, 7000 strong, he was set to work, fixing armor and sharpening swords and arrows. He then had lunch which was the same as breakfast. He then had to redo the training done in the morning. By the time he finished it, it was six in the evening. He had an hour of free time, and then had to tackle an obstacle course.

Dinner was far more nutritious, but still lesser than the average campers. At night he had to keep watch along with a few automatons. Random armies of robotic Cyclopes attacked at random times. He only had four hours to sleep. At first, this had a huge toll on his health, but soon he got accustomed to it. During all of this, Rhea would keep a close watch on him.

Sophia on the other hand had a training routine that was far less harsh than Percy's. She was mortal, so her body could not handle too much stress. Her daily routine was harsh, but manageable. By the end, she was five times stronger than any camper.

Percy and Sophia had grown close to their host. She was not the Titaness of motherhood for no reason. It was now time for the two to leave. "Farewell children. You can stop by any time you want. I will meet you in the final battle. Now go. The campers wait" Rhea said hugging her grandchildren. Sophia and Percy were sent to the forest where Rhea had met Percy. The duo decided to travel east on foot for some days. This way, they could find out if something was fishy. They trudged on through the undergrowth talking about completely random things. Soon they decided to fire travel to the island. Unknown to them they would be walking in to a peculiar event.