LXXV. Sophia

Friday, 14th February 1936

Isabelle and I would be in the library, as my elder sister is currently sitting at a chair near one of the windows, looking out of the window, as if bored out of her mind. I would be reading. I look up at my sister, who had been staring out of the window for a long period of time now.

"What's wrong, sister?" I asked, slightly worried.

"Nothing..." She replied blankly.

"That doesn't sound entirely like nothing, sister," I retorted and she turned to me, sighing, knowing I won't back down for an answer until I get one.

"Fine... I miss him," Isabelle replied quietly, looking down momentarily before looking out of the window again, thinking I didn't notice it. I just stared at her, knowing only one guy is always constant on her mind.

"Alexander?" I asked. She nodded.

'Mon Dieu, she's really in love with him. She really fell hard for him,' I thought.

"You don't really see it, do you?" I asked her.

"See what?" Isabelle asked me, looking at me with curiosity.

"That you and Alexander are both in love! I mean, it's so obvious to everyone except for the both of you," I replied and she laughed.

"What?" I asked, looking confused.

"We're not in love, Sophia. We're both best friends and it's just a tradition that we both do. It's just that..." Isabelle replied, before looking out of the window and sighed.

"That you miss him?" I offered, with an air of curiosity.

"Yes," She replied, and I closed my book, walked out, minding my own business for the rest of the day, like catching up with my duties, leaving my sister to mull around and be useless for the rest of the day. I've been sending letters to Hugo, and we both discuss Alexander and Isabelle's relationship. We both agreed – like many others – that they both are blind to being in love with one another. It was interesting, so to speak, to see their mutual (and genuine) respect for one another, and their quick leap to defending their friendship.