10

(Lol this is chapter is a MESS but yknow it's fine, also TW for substance and domestic abuse, don't forget to comment!)

The smell of ravioli being opened both made my mouth water and assault my senses. Something about the smell of the canned tomato sauce smelled nothing other than vile when cold. The taste, though not how I once remembered still edible. Food is food though, and anything to keep us remotely alive through this winter was greatly appreciated. That and the warmth certainly didn't hurt it's cause either.

Daniel, after discussing the rules he were to follow, really simple stuff that seemed like a no-brainer, was causally playing off in the only other accessible room that wasn't the bathroom. Having fun reading the old Powerbear comics left abandoned by its owner, subject to the elements.

I close my eyes, still sitting on the bed, letting my body fall onto the mattress resulting in me letting out a "omf" as the air voluntarily left my throat. The hood of the oversized sweatshirt now on, I snuggle into it and hear the fire crackle. I start humming a tune, a song I once knew but can't seem to recall any particular words.

Sean, in his own state of bliss (or whatever is closest to bliss when one is running from the police) was gently bobbing his head to the tune from his place in front of the wood stove.

I roll on my side, facing Sean.

"Hurry up, dumpster diver." I smile at him, no malice behind my words.

Sean looks over with a lazy smile, eyes half closed, about as ready for a nap as I am, and jokingly clears his throat, hand up like he's making a oath.

"Hey, if it wasn't for this-" he jabs his thumb on his chest.
"-Dumpster diver, you wouldn't be eating tonight."  I giggle at his response as an idea pops into my head. I get off the bed, serious look planted on my face as I stand behind Sean, kneeling.

"My deepest apologies your highness, I shall accept any punishment." He stands tall in front of me, he looks down at me and smirks.

"As you wish." He said in the worst possible posh accent known to man, almost making me giggle. He bends down, not before placing a finger under my chin making me look up. I blush a little bit, not expecting him to go along with the joke this intensely. His seriousness making me break character as I nervously avoid eye contact.

"Off. With. Your. Head." His voice was too close, paired with the lingering feeling of his warm breath on my right ear, I blush further when I realize that he had gotten ever closer, once whispering in my ear, now slightly kneeling to reach eye level.  I sigh, trying to get rid of my embarrassment as I look into his own brown eyes.

"Very well your highness-" I stop as I stand now inches away from Sean's face, I smirk.
"The Trash king." I start laughing hysterically as I see Sean's shock, and then amusement and then fall into the same contagious laughing fit I was in. In between breaths I can hear Sean spit out.

"So all of that was just for one dumb joke?" I nod, hand over my eyes

"What did you expect it to be?" I glace over at Sean, now sitting across from me on the floor.

"I don't know, I thought it was just you dicking around." I nod before my laughter takes over again.

Sean gets up to check on the ravioli and I take out the two plates and forks we found in the house. I lost the Rock Paper Scissors battle I shared with both of the Diaz's so I eat out of the can while they get the plates. I really don't mind, as I always get the fork, and Sean has to eat with a butter knife, Daniel gets a spoon. Watching Sean at first try to eat with the knife was pretty comical, but now he has truly mastered it.