Chapter 8-Sophie

"Keefe." I said. He said Sophie. For a second I frowned, forgetting I was Sophie. Then we both started to blush madly.

"I CALLED IT!" Ro called to Sandor. I swear I heard Sandor say something like "why did I ever make a bet with a ogre." and  couldn't help but giggle. Keefe smirked at me. 

"Soooooo." He said. I really like Keefe but I felt bad about Fitz. We just broke up. even if our relationship lasted for like, a few days. 

"So."I said.

"So, what?" Fitz came in. 

"This should be good." Ro said, for what seemed like the 20th time that day.

"Where's Bi? I thought you would drag her home." I asked.

"Ha ha very funny. She didn't get dragged home, and I came here to say sorry for flipping out on you guys. But I guess I um, interrupted?" His voice cracked at the last part. This was really awkward. especially because Keefe had gotten startled when Fitz walked in a grabbed her hand. Plus, they were both blushing when he came in. 

"I guess you guys are the last ones to figure it out." Fitz said, clearly a little annoyed and a little hurt.

"I'm.... sorry. I know that's not gonna help but, I am." I said. I wanted to fix things as much as I could. We hadn't had much time to talk.  He smiled. A small, sad smile, but still a real smile. 

"I'm happy for you guys. Just next time, warn me when walking into a room of Sokeefe time, Sandor!" They all laughed at the last part.

"I guess that means you're my girlfriend now?" Keefe smirked.

"Umm no. We're going on a date first. When you're better, of course." I said.

"Fineeeeee." He agreed.

"Well, since you excepted my apology I'm gonna just go-"

"No!" I said.

"Why not?" Fitz stopped and turned.

"Ya. What he said." Keefe agreed.

"Because. Don't you want to um, tell everyone to come? We can invite Wylie too. I know him and Linh are close." I suggested. Truthfully, I didn't want to spend too much time alone with Keefe yet. Now I'm going to be forever nervous.

"Sophie Foster the forever nervous one. I like it. Has a nice ring." Fitz said. I glared at him.

"You really just read my mind and didn't even ask?" I said, glaring at him again.

"Sorry. I had to do something to get you out of your minute long daydream." He argued.

"Whatever. Oh, what were you so excited to tell Keefe about earlier?" I asked changing the subject and making Fitz stay longer.

"Oh ya! Well my mom said I could tell you guys but I don't know if you can tell Grady and Edaline yet, Sophie."

"Ok. That's fine." I replied.

"Ok, so remember how Biana and I had to leave early this morning? Well we went home, and mom din't look to well but she was still herself. I asked her if she was ok and she said yes. so we went inside to have dinner. When Biana finally got ready for what I later found out was a date, my mom told us that she was pregnant!" He finished.

"WHAT REALLY?" keefe and I said at the same time. I giggled and Keefe smirked, while Fitz rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"Really." He responded.

"Well if you're going tell her we say congrats!"Keefe said, waving as his friend took out his home crystal and leapt away. I couldn't stop thinking about how Keefe had said "tell her we say congrats". I loved the thought of being with Keefe. And I couldn't deny it anymore. Fitz glittered away.

"I change my mind." I said.

"About...."Keefe prompted.

"I do want to be your girlfriend." I said, making it final. Keefe looked like he wanted to pump his fists, so I looked away for a second to give him that tiny satisfaction. 

"I knew you'd come to your senses!" Ro clapped. Sandor barged into the room.

"You better plan on telling Mr. and Mrs. Ruewen about this Miss. Foster." Sandor instructed.

"Yessss. I know." I sighed. "Tomorrow." I said. I got up and motioned for Keefe to scoot over a bit she sat down beside him. The bodyguards had moved to the hallway chatting quietly. Keefe and I talked for a while. Eventually I started yawning and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.