Chapter 1- Sophie

Another day.   

I thought. Keefe had been asleep for almost a week. I stayed here every day waiting for him. Elwin had set up a cot for me and Edaline brought me clothes everyday. I saw Grady every once in a while too. Ro normally stayed outside the door with Sandor, but not today. 

"WHY WON'T HE WAKE UP!" I screamed needing to take out all my stress on someone. Ro wasn't surprised. In fact, it kind of looked like she was crying.

"Are you....... crying?" I asked her. She turned away really quickly to wipe her eyes.

"No." She answered.  I started transmitting to Keefe.

 Keefe, please just wake up! I was mentally screaming at him by now. Still nothing. I started to feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I think a couple hours passed. Maybe a few minutes. I lost track of time. All of a sudden, someone was knocking on the door. 

"Hi." He said with his crisp accent.

"Fitz." I responded with a nod of my head. He came and sat beside me.

"How are you?" He asked, immediately looking like he wanted to take the words back. For that reason, I didn't respond with sarcasm like I did with some of the others. 

 "I'm...... i don't know?" I responded.

"It's okay Sophie. He will wake up. I know he will." He got up to leave. 

"Oh, and," He turned around for a second to tell me, "If he doesn't, I'll be here for you okay? Just please don't feel like you can't talk to me okay?" I didn't want to be rude so I just said "okay" and he left.

"Oh Keefe." I said aloud to mostly to myself. He twitched slightly.

"Keefe?" I said. It looked like his eyes fluttered open for a second. 

"Elwin!" I called. He came rushing in from his office. 

"I-I think he opened his eyes." I stammered. Elwin started asking me about 50 question while flashing all the colours of the rainbow over Keefe. 

"Looks like he finally might starting to be waking up." He said. I strated jumping up and down screaming for Ro and Snador. They rushed into the room and I started screaming.

"GUYS! KEEFE IS STARTING TO WAKE UP!!!" I hailed everyone and soon our entire friend group was gathered in the healing centre. Biana and Linh came and sat beside me. Mr. Forkle was also here.

"Sophie, I think you and Fitz should try going through his mind and trying to wake him up now. Of course if Elwin is okay with it?" He asked.

"Yup. You two go ahead. Maybe we should clear the room a bit and gave them some space." Elwin suggested. Everyone had left the room except for Mr. Forkle and of course Fitz and Elwin were there, and Ro had stayed as well in case something went wrong. Or at least that's what she said.

You ready? Fitz transmitted to me.

Yes. I told him. As our fingers locked I felt the light snap of the congnate ring he gave me, against his own ring. We went through Keefe's mind really fast trying to avoid things we knew he wouldn't want us to see. All of a sudden I saw this little light in the back of his head and I think Fitz saw it too because we started to follow it. There was a door. I opened it and pushed through it. Fitz followed and we had to go so many different way, dogding these weird spikes that kept being thrown at us. 

This is intense. Fitz transmitted to me 

Yup. Definitely. I agreed. I started to look at the spikes closer when they past and she saw them labeled with...... emotions? Wait, this was where his empathy was. 

Fitz, this is his empathy section. She informed him.

Oh. You're right. Maybe we can find the right emotion and it might trigger him to wake up? He suggested.

Okay. If you look on the spikes there are emotions see which ones are coming at you and see if they are all the same. I explained. We looked for a while. I just kept getting the same emotion over and over. I think I might have been blushing because Ro kept telling us to stop flirting. Fitz told me he also was only getting one emotion but he didn't tell me what it was. Then again I didn't tell him either.

Fitz.... we have to tell each other or we won't ever figure this out. I pointed out.

Okay. Fine. 3, 2, 1. He said sadness at the same time I said love. I turned to him and he was frowning.

"What's wrong?" I asked out loud.

"How on earth are we supposed to combine......." He didn't finish his thought. A few seconds passed before he said,

"THAT'S IT!" 

"What is?" I asked.

"You should inflict those emotions at the same time!" He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Sophie before you say anything.... I think Fitz is right Sophie. I think if you inflicted those two particular emotions, especially coming from you," Fitz looked away as Mr. Forkle continued. "It could possibly trigger him to wake up." He finished.

"I guess we could try it. I just want him to wake up." We went back into Keefe's mind and this time I knew I had to take a different root and find the little nook in the back of his mind where I can inflict for him to wake up. Fitz gave me a boost and I gave it my all. All my sad memories of Keefe but also all the ones where we showed love- As friends of course, cause Keefe would never like me back and-

"Ummmmmm, Sophie?" Fitz asked breaking my concentration. 

I opened my eyes.

Hello readers! This is going to be the first story where I can actually try and take my time. I deleted all my others but I have a good feeling about this one! I hope everyone can enjoy this! Apologies to anyone who doesn't ship Sokeefe. Anyways everyone stay safe!