Putting the Plan into Action

Start from the beginning

I awoke the next morning once again my hand stuck to my bed post. Man, I wished I could control the magnets while I was asleep. Thankfully, I came unstuck with no hassle, unlike last time.

The day went by quite quickly for once, despite our deep desperation for classes to be over so we could find out where Mr Walters, or whoever he is, lives. Or rather, find out from Stevie.

We were all excited and nervous for the mission to begin as we met at the end of the day. Surprisingly, Stevie was remarkably composed for someone who had been assigned to follow a killer home. But in fairness, she can turn invisible so I guess she doesn't have anything to be nervous about.

We all wished her luck before we parted ways, and I hoped beyond hope that it would go well.

Stevie's PoV

I practically ran to the school 'Mr Walters' teaches at, to get there in plenty of time.

I must've waited behind a lamppost for about half an hour before he left the building. I turned invisible as he walked in my direction and started to follow as he passed me.

The walk was surprisingly short, and I was so thankful he hadn't got in a car and driven away somewhere instead. The plan would have been ruined there and then. I stood across the street as I watched him unlock the door of a bungalow. It looked normal enough, with a very well kept garden in the front and short path leading up to the front door, lined with honeysuckle.

To be on the safe side, I waited a few minutes before approaching the door to take note of the house number. I quietly exited the front garden and headed back along the street and walking home.

As soon as I got the door, my phone practically blew up with the amount of notifications. Most of which were from Gwen and the group chat.

I opened the many messages from Gwen first.

Gwen: How are you getting on?

Gwen: Are you doing ok?

Gwen: Stevie????

Gwen: Has something happened?

Gwen: I knew this plan was a bad idea

Gwen: Seriously are you ok?

I laughed to myself, she worries a little too much sometimes. But I appreciated having a friend who always wants to make sure I was ok.

You: I'm fine, I know where his house is and nothing bad happened.

Gwen: Phew that's a relief, I'm glad it went well.

You: Same!

I clicked off the conversation with Gwen and took a breath before clicking on the group chat, expecting there to be a million messages.

There weren't actually as many messages as I thought there would be, but there was still a fair few.

James: How long will it take her to follow him home and get back?