AWAKE !

AWAKE ! :: minlucent , solarrmin

It was an eerie silence in the room as Yoongi and Hoseok entered

It was an eerie silence in the room as Yoongi and Hoseok entered. Hoseok almost cried at the sight—Namjoon and Jeongguk laid on the hospital beds, the life drained from their faces. If it wasn't for the beeping of the machines, indicating that they were in fact alive, Hoseok would've believed that they were dead. Guilt pooled in his stomach as Yoongi's gaze went from Jeongguk's body to Namjoons. They were fucked up.

Yoongi gasped, running over to Namjoon's bed, Hoseok not far behind him. Finally seeing a close-up of the boy's body had him horrified. He wanted—no, needed for the moment to be a nightmare that he needed to wake up from.

"Fuck, Joon," Yoongi sighed, grabbing a hold of the younger's hand. "Why'd you have to be the hero? Fuck, look at you."

As Yoongi continued to curse and talk to Namjoon, Hoseok sighed, knowing he would have his turn to talk to Namjoon. He made his way to Jeongguk who looked as though he was in better condition, although Jeongguk looked quite fucked up. Seeing both of them up-close made him reach his breaking point, tears making their way from his eyes. Not once in his life had he ever thought about a moment like the one he was trapped in.

Hoseok hiccuped, "I-I know that there's a reason," he paused to hiccup once more, "...why you and Namjoon were careless in the road...there just has to be."

He rubbed his leaking eyes with his sleeve, thinking about plausible reasons. Hoseok thought about the fear in both of their eyes when they realized they were about to get hit, heart hurting at the thought. Hoseok cried into the bedsheets, head bowed and hand clutching Jeongguk's cold one. It was only until he felt a hand rubbing his back that he flinched, gaze darting to Yoongi.

"It's going to get better," Yoongi mumbled, head low. "They're going to survive but...fuck."

Hoseok smacked Yoongi's hand away, "Don't fucking touch me. You're lucky you even got to come first."

The same feeling of guilt hit him again with a truck, sending waves of fear, sadness, and anger throughout his body. Yoongi understood. For the time being, Hoseok needed someone to blame, and somehow it landed on both Yoongi and Jimin. He whispered a low apology as Hoseok stormed past him to comfort Namjoon. He prayed that Hoseok wouldn't be mad forever. He couldn't be mad forever...

Right?

He can admit that, yes, it was luck that he could see Namjoon before Seokjin. Even Jeongguk before Jimin. Perhaps their feud was only worsening, but no one could deny the love that both of them had for each other. And the fact that their feud was about him, led him to believe that the love was still there.

Yoongi sighed, knowing that there wasn't going to be an easy way to get out of this, "I'm gonna tell Tae that he can come in."

Hoseok turned to Yoongi, watching as Yoongi ran his hands through his hair.