Goodnight

*Please read: This was inspired from some fan art I saw. If you know what art i'm talking about, please let me know where to find it so I can feature it. Also this story takes place in a world, where Steve never went into the ice, but still dosen't age and Howard Stark was never murdered. Also, i'm sorry*

Tony, age 5

Steve carried the small boy in his arms. The little guy with the dark hair was sobbing into his chest. Steve carried him into his bedroom and gently lay him down in his bed. Tony's room was not filled with toys and stuffed animals as a normal five year old boys room would be. But Tony was not just a normal five year old. Steve knew that he was special in some way and that he would grow up to be extraordinary.

"Why are my pappa not here?" the little boy asked with tears running down his face. Steve gave him a sad smile as he made sure the duvet was covering Tony's tiny body.

"Your dad is at work. He is very busy. That's why he asked me to come" Steve said and stroked his dark hair. Tony stopped sobbing and looked at Steve with his big brown eyes that shone with intelligence.

"He dosen't want to see me, does he?" he whispered. Steve's heart broke in half. He pulled the little Tony into a hug.

"No no no Tony, never think that! He just dosen't have the time right now. Besides am I that terrible to be around?" he asked and winked. The little boy smiled and Steve could see two teeth missing.

"Yes you are!" the little boy grinned. If Tony could master sarcasm at this age, Steve feared for the future. The super soldier made a sad face and stood up.

"Well, if you don't like me I might as well.." he took a few steps towards the door. Little Tony squealed and reached out for him with his short arms.

"No come back!"

Steve smiled and knelt down beside his bed. "Anyway it's bedtime now" he said. The little boy closed his eyes and Steve left a light kiss on his forehead. He turned off the light.

"Goodnight" he whispered.

Tony, age 15

"So how was the party?" Steve asked as he walked into Tony's room. Tony turned his head away from his work and saw Steve stand in the doorway.

"It was fine, why are you in a uniform, have you been on a mission?" he asked. Steve smiled.

"Yes I have and you know I can't tell you anything about it" he said. Tony snorted.

"God you are so boring" he said and turned his attention back to what he was working on. Steve had no idea what it was. It looked like some kind of robot. He walked into the room and leaned against the desk Tony was sitting at. His long fingers were adjusting something on the machine in front of him. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Steve smiled, reached over and ruffled his dark hair.

"What are you working on?" he asked. Tony sighed irritated and turned his attention back to Steve. "You will see then i'm done, now stop disurbing me."

Steve walked up behind him. "Wow someone is in a bad mood. Besides it's 2 am you should get some sleep" he said og lifted the dark haired teenager up.

"Hey!" Tony cried and struggled to get out of Steve's grip, but he fought an impossible fight. Steve carried him over to his bed and gently lay him down.

"You're so annoying!" Tony yawned. Steve started tickling him.

"What did you call me?" he grinned and used his legs to pin Tony's arms down so he couldn't defend himself. Tony was laughing and pleading him to stop as Steve tickled him.