A Long Time Coming

Gaea's POV

Today is the day. I... I've never felt so lucky and happy in my life. I swore that he would never want me back after how we left things. But to my surprise, he missed me just as much as I missed him. My life has been full of obstacles, but look at me now.

I'm standing here, at the back of the venue, in a white gown. I honestly didn't know if I would make it here.

I hear the band start playing my song, after all my bridesmaids walked. Ashley, Solji, Seohyun, Eunji, Luna and lastly my maid of honor, Yuri. The doors re-opened and the lighting was perfect. I looked at Donghae, and I could see him trying not to cry.  Our wedding was fairytale, whimsical themed and it was beautiful.

You know how they say, there are moments you only see once in your life? This is it

You know how they say, there are moments you only see once in your life? This is it. I'll never see anything like this again. The man I love looking up at me, tears of joy and sadness in his eyes.

My real mother appeared by my side and locked arms with me. I smiled knowing she was happy to walk me down the aisle. No matter how many times she does it, she's still happy.

We slowly walked down the aisle, smiles ever present on our faces.

As I stepped up the slight step to stand next to Donghae, he held out his hand like a true gentleman.

"You look beautiful" He whispered to me.

"Thank you." I smiled at his compliment.

The ceremony flew by quickly and it was time for our vows. Donghae turned to me and pulled cue cards out of his suit pocket.

"Wolgwang. My love, my darling, my everything. Nothing in this life means nothing if you aren't by my side. I know I've made my mistakes along the way, but you forgave me. Your kind heart, beautiful eyes, and contagious smile. When I saw you for the first time, I didn't know you were the one for me. I saw you as a sweet girl who wanted to live her dream, but now you're a beautiful woman who has achieved many things. Little did I know when I met you, that I would be standing here with you, pledging myself to you for all eternity. Nothing I am proud of will ever compare to how proud I am to be able to call you my wife. You supported me throughout so much, and stood by me through thick and thin. You patiently waited for me to return from my service, and you accepted my first proposal. Even after what happened, I never stopped loving you. I tried but I couldn't. You matter more to me than words can describe. From now on, you are my world and my everything."

There was not a dry eye in that room. I felt a smile slowly creep onto my face, as I looked into his watery eyes. Now it was my turn. I turned to Yuri, as she hands me my cue cards.

"Donghae. My love, my sunshine, my everything. I've waited for this day, and I know you have to. We finally get to live the rest of our crazy lives together. You've inspired me in more ways than one. You've inspired me to be a better artist, a better dancer, a better lover, and a better person. You've impacted my life more than anyone. I remember that day in the SM building when I first met you. You bumped into me and spilt my coffee all over me. You immediately apologized and offered one of your extra clean shirts. I was embarrassed to say the least. I was a trainee for 4 years at that point, getting ready for debut and I never met you. I was a shy 17-year-old, and you were a very successful man already at 25. I was intimidated by you, but your kind personality and humor made me feel at ease. I never wanted anyone but you. I've made my mistakes, but now I'm righting them all now, by marrying you. I love you now, forever, and always. Let's be happy forevermore."

More tears. We said our I Do's and it was time.

"Donghae, you may now kiss the bride."

I reached up and cupped his cheeks as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Everyone started cheering. We started walking out, and everyone else followed.

After an hour of taking photos, we headed to the reception venue. Everyone was standing, waiting for us to enter. They started playing music, and the groomsmen started walking/awkwardly dancing. But what else do you expect from Super Junior? Then my bridesmaids went in after walking/dancing too. Then they announced us and we walked in. My breath was taken away, it was even more beautiful than I imagined. My mother and Donghae planned the decor.

"Is that a Cinderella clock tower?" I turned to him

"Only the best for my princess." He kissed my cheek.

"She's a queen!" Ashley joked and poked Donghae.

"Then you're my prince charming." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You know it." He winked at me, smiling.

After things calmed down a bit, we went to the centre of the dance floor for our first dance. Nothing extravagant like Jongin and Vivian. We just had a song we both love and went with the flow. The song we chose was Love Of My Life by Queen.

It fit perfectly. It's a little sad, with a relationship going through crazy time. But in the end, they end up together. Kinda poetic right?

I felt so safe in his arms and I felt like I was in heaven. I never felt so happy in my life.

As the night went on, I drank quite a bit. Well, we all did. It's a damn wedding, getting drunk is mandatory.

When I woke up in the morning, my dress was laid out of a chair, shoes on the floor and I was half dressed. I looked over and saw my new husband fast asleep, half dressed as well. His warm was loosely wrapped around my waist, holding onto my hand.

I moved his arm and tried to stand up to wash up, but it hurt to walk. I just collapsed back into bed, unable to move much.

"I guess last night was pretty fun huh?" Donghae smirked.

"I honestly don't remember anything after the cake." I turned to face my husband.

"You tasted better than the cake."