Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Zoe, Layla and Alison arrived at the school just in time for the game. They walked to the stadium looking for Rob and Loraine who texted that he already saved them seats in the middle row.

"Finally, you guys arrived. I thought you guys suffocated and died under the pile of clothes." He teased while the girls replied him with a nonchalant shrug.

The crowd were mostly in either blue or red except for them who were wearing white and a few others. They tried to spot the boys in blue with the word Fairview on their shirt and white tights. They were still holding the helmets on their hands.

"There's Corey!!" Zoe yelled in excitement.

"That's Jason and Shane!" Layla added pointing to the boys who started walking into the fields. Alison was blinded by the thick glasses and decided to take off the glasses to get a clear view and saw the boys. They put the helmets on and the game started. The Fairview high were playing against a neighboring high school, Clayton High. Not fully understanding how the game works, Alison simply assumed that the player with the ball needed to get to the far end of the fields as far as he can, avoiding the other players to earn points. Right? Either way, she was excited and enthusiastic to watch the game hoping that the blue team would win. The girls were screaming trying to cheer for the boys and have nearly lost their voices after half time of the game where their school was leading while the other team was way behind the scores. She did not realize that watching football could be this exhilarating, making them jump up and down each time the team scores. During the break, the cheerleaders performed their dance routine closing it with a kiss blown by the one and only Mia towards the players. At the end of the game, their school team had won the game, ending it with them taking off their helmet and a group hug. Well, they all looked sexy in their football uniform, especially Jason. Then, Rob, Loraine, Zoe, Layla and Alison walked towards the boys after the crowd had dispersed leaving only a few people left.

"You guys killed it!" Zoe said excitedly as Corey walked closer to her requesting a high five.

"Told you we'd win." Shane said proudly.

"Somebody has to save our skins" Corey quoted smirking.

"No corndog, you should thank me and my inhuman speed." Shane defended.

"Right maybe you can argue again after you guys shower, and don't you dare Shane! I'm sorry, I care deeply for you but you need to take a shower first. I will smack you with a rod if you dare to take another step closer!" Layla warned taking a step back away from Shane who had a mischievous grin on his face. Then, they all went and took a shower, fresh and ready to go for dinner first. Rob left with Loraine, Shane left with Layla and Zoe left with Corey leaving Alison with Jason behind.

"Guess you'll ride with me. Come on." Jason walked to the carpark, towards his classical looking car. She stopped in front of the car with her jaws dropped gawking at the classic car.

"This... is your car?! I didn't know you're into vintage collection cars! This car looks like it's in one of those fast and furious movies!" She praised.

"It is. It's a 1970 Dodge Challenger. Tuned it up here and there. I've always loved vintage cars." He opened the passenger door for her, closed after she stepped in and went to the driver's seat. The engine roared fiercely and they drove off.

"Anyway, you were amazing at the game. Do you want to go on that path?" She asked looking at him.

"I'm still not sure, I suppose I'll just go along where fate would take me." He chuckled staring at the road.

"Well, I don't even know what's my future's going to be. I wanted to be a..." She trailed hesitated.

"Dancer?" He blurted out glancing at her who cocked her head to the side, wondering how did he know that, although she wanted to say psychologist initially.