[2] Stacey Researches Drugs

Stacey thought her lunch prank turned out beautifully. She received an appraising look from Bucky, Lacey, and Jacey. She even got a huge chunk of the cafeteria to mock the poor, heartbroken zombie. You see, rumors spread pretty fast at Seabrook High school. So, it wasn't exactly a struggle to find out about Zed's suspicious buddy buddy-ness with the mutts.

     The ACEY's had always hated the dogs and the fact that they now had to share a school with them was less than ideal. Stacey took it upon herself to do some snooping in a public library, while Lacey and Jacey kept watch.

     "God, you don't think he's gonna become BFF's with those smelly mutts and try to do that revolution bullshit again, right?" Lacey jeered. Jacey cackled in response while Stacey rolled her eyes.

     "Can you guys shut it so I can concentrate on my evil plan?" She sighed and continued scanning the pages, growing more and more frustrated as her efforts showed nothing.

     She flipped a page more dramatically than necessary and a huge grin broke out over her face.

     Wolfsbane makes werewolves go insane. Back when the ACEY's hacked the Z-bands, they were able to make zombies go berserk during a game. So, Stacey figured wolfsbane would bare the same effect on the werewolves. The pesky mutts would eventually find the wolfsbane and lose control!

     When she whispered her plan to the other ACEY's, they all giggled in excitement. They were going to get their way once again!

     "Why are we all being gathered into the gym?" Wyatt asked Zed as the whole school pushed and shoved each other in the halls to get a decent seat. He felt someone push on his bag and he almost knocked down a girl, apologizing to her and growling at whoever was behind him.

     "A pep rally. We have them before the first football game or cheer competition to get everyone in the school spirit." Zed explained.

     The wolf pack waved to the two from the back row of the bleachers, Zed assumed it was for Wyatt and turned away.

     "Zed!" Wynter called out, beaming brightly and waving frantically to him. Zed stood there, dumbfounded, until Wyatt grabbed his wrist.

     They sat down in the back, the other wolves smiled in appreciation before turning to look at the center of the gym. Looks like the pep rally was about to start. The cheerleaders flipped through the air, making their grand entrance. Zed felt his stomach sink when he saw Addison appear from the middle of the cheerleaders.

     One of the betas took a sniff of the air, eyes glowing yellow, and lip curled into a snarl. The other pack members instantly held down the wolf, detecting the source of the problem.

     "What's going on?" Zed whispered worriedly to Wyatt. His attention was drawn to the fact that Wyatt was baring his teeth, eyes reflecting a similar yellow. His knuckles paled and his figure was shaking badly.

     "Grab my arms and lead me out of here," Wyatt's voice was barely a murmur, his teeth still locked together.

     "What? Why-"

     "Now!" Wyatt's fangs flashed from his growl and Zed quickly grabbed him, yanking him from his seat and racing them out of the assembly. He did not want to get mauled at a stupid pep rally. Wyatt didn't specify where to go, so he just ran to the first isolated area, which happened to be the staff bathrooms.

     He shut the door behind him and Wyatt broke from his grip, flinging the backpack across the room.

     "Get rid of the backpack," Wyatt splashed his face with water from the faucet. Zed was beyond confused at this point. Feeling a bit like a dog retrieving a stick, he scrambled over to the bag, not missing the way Wyatt growled when he walked past him.