• F o u r • ☆ W h y? ☆

Tw: Mentions of bad parenting, suicide,

Izuku got a message from Shinsou and had to leave Bakugou's room.

"Dammit... I can't really be falling for that damn nerd... can I? God damn I thought I was in love with Kirishima! Why is my brain so fucking thirsty!"

Izuku opened the door to Shinsou's room and looked over at him.

"You okay Shin?" he asked.

Shinsou looked up at him.

"Are you really going to forgive Bakugou for everything? I got worried after the firework incident and was hoping that it hadn't been that bad, but, he... he did all of those nasty things and you still care for him?"
"Well," Izuku said as he sat down, "firstly, please never do that again. I get that you had good intentions, but, Kacchan probably didn't want you to know that stuff."

Shinsou opened his mouth, but was cut off.

"Secondly, Kacchan is like my brother. We argue and fight all the time, but we still care for each other, it just happens in different ways. When be gets sick, I tend to make him his favorite spicy foods, and when I get sick, he usually gets medicine. Not without calling me 'useless' or 'weak' of course, but I know he cares. He has a soft side, but he tends not to show it. He thinks it makes him weak and vulnerable, so he covers it up. If you look close enough, you see that whenever he knows something someone is doing could get them hurt, he tells them that it's dumb and that it doesn't matter what it's for, because it's stupid. He tries. He has his own way of letting everyone know he cares. I can hear him now, 'Stupid Deku, you can't just jump into a hero's fight because of your stupid notebook. Does it really matter what Mt. Lady's shoe size is?'"

Shinsou saw a soft smile appear on Izuku's face as he reminisced about that fond memory. Suddenly, however, Izuku looked down, as if he were ashamed.

"I see where your coming from though. Sometimes Kacchan takes it too far. He used to taunt me about my father leaving, saying that he couldn't stand me even before I was born, so he probably killed himself or moved away. He liked to tell me that I should follow in his footsteps and die, too. Sometimes he'd just tell me to kill myself. He learned that I was taking medicine for something because his mother had to pick it up for me and told me I should overdose. I actually tried to. I picked up the bottle of pills and put them into my water. I was watching them slowly dissolve. I drank some of the water, before instinctively attempting to spit it out. I barley got half of it before I collapsed. I don't even know who called the ambulance that day... But when I had to go back to school, it turned out that no body knew where I was. When Kacchan asked I simply told him that I had gotten sick and he laughed and told me I was weak. I had to be on suicide watch for a week."
"God, Midoriya, that must've been so horrible for you... I am so sorry."
"Don't be... it was my fault anyways, I should've stopped trying to be friends with him a while ago..."
"Don't apologize! You're trying you best!"

Midoriya let some tears fall before he started full on sobbing.

"You... probably don't want to hear this.. and you probably think it's stupid but-"

He was cut off by Shinsou kissing him on the forehead.

"I don't think it's stupid, Midoriya."
"Please... call me Izuku," Midoriya, who's face was red from both crying and blushing, said.