3| Do I Look Dangerous?

Start from the beginning

"So where's your sister? She's your partner in every class isn't she?" I ask, knowing that woman's had a tight hold on her brother since we started here. She's definitely one of the reasons why I haven't been able to get close to him.

"The school board decided to separate us for our last year, but Princess Juniper is fighting it," He explains and Its the first time I've heard him say such a long sentence. But he still l refuses to make eye contact with me and I wonder why. Am I really that intimidating? 

"Is that what you want? To be with her?" I ask out of curiosity and he looks down at the desk, his index finger drawing a small line down the page of his book as he thought for a few moments.

"I don't-" 

"Well good morning students, no need to do recall since it's your last year hear and I would hope I know your names by now," Oro Sensei jokes as he looks over the class and compares it to his list. 

"Since it's our last year here and I trust you are all going to be responsible adults, our focus will mainly be on the darker arts," He announces and the class is suddenly flooded with whispers of excitement. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I watch Waylon, but his meek composure is unchanged. Is it because I'm here? Do I really make him this uncomfortable?

"Have I ever done anything to hurt you?" I whisper to him and ask him outright so I can quickly apologize for anything I did that could have possibly harmed this sweet angel. 

"What? No," He instantly denies it but I don't believe him.

"Then why can't you look at me?" I ask him and his big blue-eyed gaze finally meets mine, his lower lip quivering slightly as he does so. Goddess help me, he's so adorable I just might implode. 

Damnit, I didn't mean to scare him further. 

"I'm sorry, my sister told me it's dangerous to look an alpha in the eyes," he confesses and I know for sure the truth was very much the opposite.

"Do I look dangerous to you?" I narrow my eyes and can't help but smile as I try to make myself approachable to the angel. He looks me up and down, his gaze scanning every inch of my body as he crafted his answer carefully.

"A little," He squeaks and my eyes widen. 

"A little?" It hurts me to say it and he nods before retreating back to his quiet position. Oh, now I needed to know a lot more information than that buddy.

"So lets look into the definition of dark arts, what it is, and in what scenarios it can be used," 

Oro sensei starts the notes and I'm forced to pay attention, not wanting to fall behind on the first day. But with every few strokes of my pen in my leather notebook, I can't help but look over just to make sure he's still there and hasn't run away. 

At the end of class, Waylon packs up his things in a hurry and I stop him before he can leave. 

"Where are you off too next?" I ask him, standing in his way so there was no quick escape without turning around and having an obvious means of trying to escape me. 

Okay, maybe I was a little bit dangerous. 

"Um, well I have lunch break next so I was going to go study," He explains while looking down and I was a little confused.

"You skip lunch?" I'm shocked considering he looks like he could use at least three meals, maybe more. He's just so tiny that I always thought it was a fast metabolism.

"I um, I-" He stumbles over his words so I know it's a yes and the fact that it is hurts me. 

"Come and have lunch with me," I offer since I don't want to make him uncomfortable. He holds his backpack straps close to his chest and bites his lip as he nods. The fact he agreed to it makes my day and I practically prance out of the classroom.