Chapter 16 Trials of Lion-o

Lion-o was having a rough day. It was very obvious. It was also working on everybody's last nerve.

"The book keeps pointing towards the sky," Tygra said.

"How can it be in the sky?" Liosia said.

"Who knows let's get out and go on foot and look." Lion-o said.

Everyone could see Lion-o was having a hard day. He kind of snappy and irritated right now.

"The burden hardest to bear," Hannah said.

"What?" Wilykat asked.

"What Liosia means is Lion-o is dealing with a lot and it can be a big and tough burden to be a leader." Cheetara said.

"Yes, that's what I mean thank you Cheetara," Hannah said.

"Come on it can't be that bad," Bengali said.

"Bengali, you don't know how hard leadership can actually be," Hannah said.

"Yes father told me often that sometimes he wished he wasn't king," Tygra said. "Think now Lion-o can see why father was so tense at times," he said.

Everyone stopped to eat. They were attacked a fight started Kaynar pushed Lion-o into the water.

"You killed him!" Tygra said.

They took the other Thundercats prisoner.

"Lion-o can't be gone!" Wilykit said.

"I can't believe it myself," Pumyra said.

"Neither can I," Bengali said.

"Well Tygra looks like you are our king now," Panthro said.

Lion-o swam out of the river exhausted, hurt, and collapsed from both pain and exhaustion a kind gazelle found him and took him to her house. Lion-O found himself somewhere else.

"Lion-o the spirit stone decided you are worthy of keeping your life but first you must complete trials." Jaga said.

"So I am not dead?" Lion-o asked.

"Almost your heart is beating slow, you have been badly injured," Jaga said. "So now you must do the trials," he said.

"Okay then let's start," Lion-o said.

Lion-o's first trail was against Wilykit and Wilykat. It was about being clever and and cunning he found the real ones. "You did it Lion-o, here is the key," they said.

The next trail was against Cheetara he had to be quick not just on his feet but with his thinking too.

Lion-o using quick thinking he managed to beat Cheetara in the race.

"I see you can be quick on feet and mind here is the key." Cheetara said.

The next trail was against Panthro. It was about strength. "Get out of the circle!" Lion-o said.

Panthro stepped out and smiled. "Your orders is where your strength lies." Panthro said.

Tygra's trail was about control his emotions mostly his temper. He failed due to his temper getting in the way.

"Lion-o you have failed the final trial, you may go save your friends but you might die after you help them you want to go through with this and soon join your ancestors?" Jaga said.

"Yes I will." Lion-o said.

Lion-o woke up and coughed. "Good you're alright," the gazelle said.

"I had to go," Lion-o said and ran out.

"Wait you're not fully recovered!" the gazelle shouted.

Lion-o came to assist the captured Thundercats.

"Lion-o's alive!" They said.

After Mum-Ra's defeat the sun began to set. Lion-o explained he had to go.

Jaga appeared. "You will stay Lion-o the trails test your heart and this test I gave proved that you are willing to give up your life to save your friends." Jaga said. "Now live your life fully." he said.

"Trials what is he talking about?" the others asked.

"It all started after I swam out of the river," Lion-o said.

The Gazelle who saved Lion-o came up. "I found you I am so glad you didn't collapse again I am so glad you are alright," the gazelle said.

"You saved me and I never got your name," Lion-o said.

"My name is Garret," Garret said.

"I am Lion-o lord of the Thundercats and these are my friends, thank you for saving me," Lion-o said.

"It was no trouble, my village is close by so if you ever need anything come by and I will help you good bye Thundercats," Garret said and left.

"Now can you explain about those trials?" Panthro asked.

"Yes it's like this," Lion-o said.